MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

J.F.S. Heer Buckle

Article about: I'm about to pull the trigger on this late war buckle for \\$50 all in, which seems like a pretty good deal. I think it's good based on other examples of this maker I found, but I wanted to ma

Default J.F.S. Heer Buckle

I'm about to pull the trigger on this late war buckle for $50 all in, which seems like a pretty good deal I "think". I believe it's good based on other examples of this maker I found, but I wanted to make sure first in case there's some subtle give away I'm missing. Thought this would make a nice example to have while I look for that perfect upgrade down the road.

Thanks guys for any help you can offer!

J.F.S. Heer Buckle

J.F.S. Heer Buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement J.F.S. Heer Buckle
    P
    Many

?

The buckle is original, but it looks like the surface was heavily sanded or refinished in some other way. It was originally finished in the late war blue color that you see on the back.

Thanks Erno. I thought maybe it just wore off over the years. Do you think that devalues it to the point $50 is too much?

?

Avenger, The price is fine as long as you like the buckle. I have paid much more for quite less.. Good hunting friend..G

?

Quote by avenger View Post
    Thanks Erno. I thought maybe it just wore off over the years. Do you think that devalues it to the point $50 is too much?
    That's always subjective. Personally, I'd wait for a better one because they're pretty easy to find a nice worn one with a lot more paint remaining for $75 or so. I sold this one (Gustav Brehmer) for $65 a few months ago:

J.F.S. Heer Buckle
    J.F.S. Heer Buckle

If you want it, it's not terribly overpriced.

Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated. I'll give it some thought, since I have a little time to decide. Either way, it sounds like it's not priced off, just that I can find better. I'd like to find a near perfect early buckle with the tab some day. I like the look of those quite a bit better.

?

$50 is a OK price. I think this buckle originally had a blue black finish. Here is an example I have and I did see a near mint JFS sell on Estand for $150 about a year ago.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture J.F.S. Heer Buckle   J.F.S. Heer Buckle  

Buckle is original but most of the paint has gone, in regards to $50 its as cheap as chips really, all depends what you want, if you are going to start collecting buckles then wait for a better one (which would be more money). At the end of the day its down to what you want
    Ben

Ben's right.