Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Just uncovered H. Arld 1942 Heer Combat Belt & Buckle, lots of personality! Belt wear forensics?

Article about: Dang, you guys are making me blush... ;-) I agree the wear is just right, and really unmessed with and that is important to me. Many times I see a pic of a buckle that looks like it has been

Default Re: Just uncovered H. Arld 1942 Heer Combat Belt & Buckle, lots of personality! Belt wear forensics?

I wouldn't read too much into belt being worn as different sizes, there's a good chance it's just due to it being worn over the feldbluse and then in cold weather over the greatcoat, which would require the belt to be a few centimetres bigger.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just uncovered H. Arld 1942 Heer Combat Belt & Buckle, lots of personality! Belt wear forensics?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Just uncovered H. Arld 1942 Heer Combat Belt & Buckle, lots of personality! Belt wear forensics?

Not the first one, I acquired my first buckle some 20 years ago... All the same I put the effort into taking pictures I think are good enough to be in a book (this does not happen by accident, only one of maybe 20 shots has "that" quality), as well as a well thought out text, along with very interesting (to me anyway) item provenance.

This thread has actually been viewed by 42 people, which of course, aren't under any obligation to respond in any way. And this is just a lowly Heer buckle, who really cares?

I think it is likely that I am not destined to be extremely popular here. I don't ever see myself having 5000 posts... I'm a collector of limited means, and won't be buying buckle after buckle to post, or ∫∫ items costing in the thousands of dollars, especially in the hopes of showing them off, to look for that acceptance, and camaraderie... which I imagine that I hope for, but in the greater scheme of things it really isn't that important.

Quote by kilomikesierra1960 View Post
    Not the first one, I acquired my first buckle some 20 years ago... All the same I put the effort into taking pictures I think are good enough to be in a book (this does not happen by accident, only one of maybe 20 shots has "that" quality), as well as a well thought out text, along with very interesting (to me anyway) item provenance.

This thread has actually been viewed by 42 people, which of course, aren't under any obligation to respond in any way. And this is just a lowly Heer buckle, who really cares?

I think it is likely that I am not destined to be extremely popular here. I don't ever see myself having 5000 posts... I'm a collector of limited means, and won't be buying buckle after buckle to post, or ∫∫ items costing in the thousands of dollars, especially in the hopes of showing them off, to look for that acceptance, and camaraderie... which I imagine that I hope for, but in the greater scheme of things it really isn't that important.
    It is not the post count that makes you "popular". I don´t even know what popular means in this context. Many of us have limited funds to spend on militaria, not all are rich people. As long as people are polite and pleasant to be around, they would be welcome here, I assume - post count or no post count, or rich or poor. That is just how I see it.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Wow, Mike...you're right. it doesn't sound like you're going to be happy here at all!.... I haven't read posts like these in a Long time...There are Hundreds of members here from all over the World(and different Time Zones as well)-both new and advanced. Every post made doesn't automatically receive a flood of responses. Some of us do have lives and jobs and families and can't live here 24/7. This isn't just a place to post pictures and show off awe-inspiring items.....we also Help collectors authenticate and be sure the items they are looking at are good and not going to rip off their money. The main purpose here is to help with knowledge for the hobby. And if some collectors want to show off abit of their hard-earned collections, that's great Too. Acceptance and Camaraderie are far from the Priorities here.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I am not a buckle person but my first impression was how professional the pictures looked, they looked stunning on my screen !

?

Shall we go back to discussing the item in question and leave the popularity contests to one side? This site isn't about who can post the most or be the most liked person, it's about discussing militaria.

Not every post gets answered straight away, some take ages. Not everyone who looks at a thread has the ability to pass comment but are looking out of interest and to learn.

An unanswered thread is no reflection on the poster's popularity.

Now, back to militaria.......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by kilomikesierra1960 View Post
    All the same I put the effort into taking pictures I think are good enough to be in a book (this does not happen by accident, only one of maybe 20 shots has "that" quality), as well as a well thought out text, along with very interesting (to me anyway) item provenance.
    Most of the members here take as good of quality photos that they are able. Some are able, and some are not. Good photos are necessary to validate some of the items posted. I personally take about 3-4 times the photos that I use for posting, and only select the best that I am able to get for editing to post here. I think that if you need to take 20 shots to get 1 that is good enough, I suggest maybe a tri-pod or mono-pod to assist you in stabilizing your hands while you are doing so.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

You have a very nice belt and buckle set.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

You do have some nice quality photos. It is a nice been there set but there needs to be something special about a belt to get much interest. I find a lot of belts were cut down and adjustment straps were removed and holes added as food got harder to get late in the war.

Don't take the number of posts personal. A super rare buckle may get lots of views but very few post and some common buckle turns into a big thread. I have learned a lot and saved money from info on the forums.

Al the best

Kirby

I enjoyed your photo's and your post, I myself just came across it now, and I was about to leave a really nice comment right up untill I read the part where you starting complaining and acting like my 5 yr old when he gets frustrated.....really dude...I've had posts with 100 views and no comments, and I've had posts with alot of comments, but to slam the forum or the people here for not bowing down and dropping everything to comment on your amazing photography and writing skills is a bit ridiculous, and for anyone to complain about it really needs to get out more and drink less coffee.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast