Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Late War/Tropical Web belt and Buckle opinion

Article about: Still a decent buckle with a web tab though Dan. As you said, a denazified bucke shows someone was proud to keep it. Jason

Default Re: Late War/Tropical Web belt and Buckle opinion

NOS Jason .... thats New Old Stock ( or Nitrous Oxide Systems for the rev heads among us )
    No, really - a good unused belt because with UV exposure the stamping fades quickly. A nice catch!
    Dan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late War/Tropical Web belt and Buckle opinion
    P
    Many

I was gonna say was Nitrous Oxide got to do with a WW2 Belt I am pleased with it actually, came up at the right time and got it at the right price.

Dave, who said anything about a tropical helmet

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    Dave, who said anything about a tropical helmet
    OOPS ...... sounds like someone let the bag outta the cat!!!

Sorry Jase!

lol, no worries. Should be here shortly anyways. Looking forward to it

Well the belt arrived a week or so ago and I have only just got around to taking some pics of it. I am really happy with it, its a nice combo.

The buckle has a tab, but can hardly see the date or maker. I think its 1943 but I just cant see the last number well. The other thing I have noticed is it looks like the buckle was de nazified at one time and then a new swastika has been re attached. Under the loupe you cant see a join but am almost certain I can see where and arm used to be, as well as the colour and height difference.

The belt itself is great, nice condition, certainly not mint but just that right amount of wear with its marking still present.

Over all pretty happy and here are some new pics

Cheers
    Jason
    Late War/Tropical Web belt and Buckle opinionLate War/Tropical Web belt and Buckle opinionLate War/Tropical Web belt and Buckle opinionLate War/Tropical Web belt and Buckle opinionLate War/Tropical Web belt and Buckle opinionLate War/Tropical Web belt and Buckle opinionLate War/Tropical Web belt and Buckle opinionLate War/Tropical Web belt and Buckle opinionLate War/Tropical Web belt and Buckle opinionLate War/Tropical Web belt and Buckle opinion

Jason, buckle is made by Richard Seiper
    Ben

Jase, there is a fair bit of craft gone into the fixing of the buckle. The swaz would have been removed by pounding it flat ( its a pressed steel buckle ) as the back shows no sign of the reverse impression and has the rust showing where the metal was flattened. I have a similar buckle/tab where the swaz was "reconstituted" but not as neatly as yours! A nice set all the same!
    Cheers, Dan

Thanks for the info Ben

Dan, I didn't think of the swas being bashed flat, but would explain the no reverse detail and why there is no grind or file marks on the piece. Whoever did it certainly did go to a lot of trouble as its been done very well.

I found my tropical one ( it IS de-nazified but not the one I was thinking of - that must be somewhere else in my clutter )
    This one had the front ground off but the back impression is still there - it is also the type with the web tongue too.....
    Shame it was "adjusted" but someone possibly was proud enough after the war of their service as a soldier and NOT a Nazi to retain a keepsake!!?
    Dan

( although I still pine for the beauty I had in the 1980's ........... boo hoo )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late War/Tropical Web belt and Buckle opinion   Late War/Tropical Web belt and Buckle opinion  

Late War/Tropical Web belt and Buckle opinion   Late War/Tropical Web belt and Buckle opinion  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast