Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Left facing buckles

Article about: Hey guys...A fellow member asked if I could post these two buckles. I have two left facing Heer buckles - left facing meaning that the eagle is looking to the viewers left. These buckle were

Default Re: Left facing buckles

Hey...Sorry for the late reply...Ben nailed it. I don't have any nickel examples but there is a wide variety of materials used in these.

Cheers!
    ROb

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Left facing buckles
    P
    Many

Hi Chaps, I thought I'd add my latest to this thread. As you can see it's a left facing 2 piece Heer parade buckle in aluminium. It's had a little wear; but nothing too bad & comes with a couple black polish stains from the belt!!!, Cheers, Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Left facing buckles   Left facing buckles  

Awesome buckle Richard! Very hard to find! Gotta love seeing pieces like this. The black polish you mention is actually from the parade belt I believe. I've seen that before on parade buckles and believe that the black is actually off the front of the belt (the "shiny" part).
    Cheers and congrats!

Rob

Richard, nice addition to your collection
    Ben

Thanks Ben & Rob, I was chuffed to get it. I'd been after a 'leftie' for a while, Cheers, Richard.

Stu W
    ?

Fine example indeed. John T had two of these on his last update. I sent off an email as fast as my fingers would type but alas others beat me to them.

Regards,
    Stu

Thanks Stu. I'm sorry to say this is one of those 2 on John T's site. Got lucky I suppose, Cheers, Richard.

Stu W
    ?

Hi Richard,

No apology required my friend. I knew it was one of them as soon as I saw your post. I had saved both sets of pics off John's site.

I'm just glad to learn that it went to someone who will appreciate it as much as you.

Regards,
    Stu

Thanks Stu, the buckles definately gone to a good home, All The Best, Richard.

?

Great buckle, Richard!

I like the particular eagle design of this maker, wich gives an old style impression!

And Rob is absolutely right, these black remains are from the finish of the parade belt!

Regards,
    Guido

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast