Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

A light green Heer - new (to me)

Article about: Hi all, I recently bought a buckle that comes pretty close to one that was in the family some years ago. It is painted in a lighter green than usual, something which stands out from most of

Default A light green Heer - new (to me)

Hi all,

I recently bought a buckle that comes pretty close to one that was in the family some years ago. It is painted in a lighter green than usual, something which stands out from most of the others.

In any event, it's the first Koppelschloss in the house in over thirty years. My question is this: were these sort of a general issue and not specifically for "tropical" applications, or is that a matter for conjecture?

Best regards,

G. Kelly

A light green Heer - new (to me)A light green Heer - new (to me)A light green Heer - new (to me)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A light green Heer - new (to me)
    P
    Many

Nice original buckle paint variations are common as for tropical better wait on Ben I know the ones like that with a web tab are considered tropical for sure. timothy

?

Herman Knoller maker marked IMO...Moderator Evans will have all the answers for sure...Gwar

Hi G, nice buckle and thanks for posting The colour is just a variation on the greens used by different makers, I have seen lots of dealers mark up the price on these type of buckle and claim "its tropical" whereas there is not evidence at all to back this up. The buckle maker is Hermann Knoller which is quite a hard maker to come by to be honest, they dont come up for sale that often
    Ben

Just note the variations in colours from light green to blue, again all Heer buckles and not tropical or KM or Coastal Artillery as some people think
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A light green Heer - new (to me)  
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Just note the variations in colours from light green to blue, again all Heer buckles and not tropical or KM or Coastal Artillery as some people think
    Wow! That shows an amazing amount of color variation.

Thanks to all for the replies.

Regards,

G. Kelly

Hello,

typical HK colored buckle

A light green Heer - new (to me)A light green Heer - new (to me)
    Last edited by yellow12; 09-21-2013 at 04:55 PM.
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Nice buckle.... and nice show of Heer's Ben...

At one time Lenny I had over 200 Heer buckles lol
    Ben