Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

more belt biz

Article about: hi all can anyone tell me something about this belt? other than what you can see there is an oval stamp on the reverse of the leather and in the oval it has the words 'julekremp' at the top

cgoracle
    ?

Default more belt biz

hi all
    can anyone tell me something about this belt?
    other than what you can see there is an oval stamp on the reverse of the leather and in the oval it has the words 'julekremp' at the top and underneath that it says 'ludensch***'. i cant make out the last 3 letters. in between the writing it has the date 1944.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture more belt biz  

2. # ADS

Default Re: more belt biz

The makers mark is Julius Kremp, Ludensheid, look in the M4 makers list thread, you will find examples of that maker in there. I dont like the look of the stitching on the belt, looks way to new for the condition of the belt, got any more pics of the buckle and belt?
    Ben

BTW if the tab to the buckle is original and is dated 1944 (which I doubt very much) you have a very rare buckle indeed, thats also why I would like to see more pics
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 06-18-2009 at 02:41 AM.
    Ben

I've never seen a '44 dated tab!! Do these really exist Ben? I thought they pretty much stopped in '42 with the odd '43's popping up here and there - but not '44. I'd love to see a real '44 dated tab on an army buckle!

Rob

Hey Rob, I have never seen a 44 dated tab mate, to me that would be the Holy Grail of a buckle. I have seen Police tabs dated 43 and one Coastal Arty buckle with a 43 dated tab but they are few and far between, I await pics of this buckle
    Ben

Hey Ben! Thanks for clearing that up......my heart skipped a beat there man! hahahaha. I thought you might have seen one. All's good man!
    CHeers!
    Rob

cgoracle
    ?

this is the best i can do with re: pic quality. hope they help. i think the larger stichin is the result of a repair at some point. but as for all the rest i can only assume the tab belongs to the buckle. it all looks good. and the stamp is definately 1944.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture more belt biz   more belt biz  

cgoracle
    ?

2 more pics for ya.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture more belt biz   more belt biz  

cgoracle
    ?

2 more pics for ya

cgoracle
    ?

hey chaps, i think your still gona have to look for the grail. av just tried to take a close up of the stamp and i'm thinkin the 44 could be 41. am sure somewhere on the site i did say i havent got the best eyes in the world!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture more belt biz  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast