Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My Aurich Twins

Article about: Hello gents. Was outside and playing with my camera to day (or was I playing with my militaria) Anyway, I took some new pictures of my German belt buckles, and first out are my two late war,

Default Re: My Aurich Twins

Nice buckles David, interesting to see the variation of markings between the two
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Aurich Twins
    P
    Many

Indulge me for a few days more chaps and thereafter, I will rattle off a few images of these strange and yet interesting Aurich HJ's.

Regards,

David

Default Aurich

As promised, here are two examples of the quite rare Aurich HJ and which both display a very distinct crank catch, now beloved of those who fake a so called Assmann HJ.

Interestingly, the one that I think is as "rough as a badgers bottom", is probably the most rare of the two.

Regards,

David

Default Aurich

Again David, even on the HJ buckles, those long thin ears so characteristic of Aurich, nice buckle BTW
    Ben

Default Aurich

The Aurich "HJ Crank" is of course very distinct and as such, perhaps I should have mentioned that there is a known fake HJ that has been in circulation for some time now and which incorporates a very convincing copy of this steel crank device.

That is the bad news and the rest from here on in, is good news.

The fake is die stamped steel with a garish silver paint finish and shows a style of eagle that is completely different to that of Aurich. Actually, I am not sure if the style of eagle correlates with any known HJ. There are various permutations of stampings on the lip and under the pin shroud of the fake, although most display those purporting to be early Assmann. Of course, the wrong type of markings for the latter period steel buckle.

Regards,

David

Default Aurich

Fake v Original

?

Tanks for the tips David, and thank you for showing us your two nice original. I only have one HJ buckle myself, but it is not made by Aurich.

Best regards
    Arvid

Arvid

Why not show your HJ on a new thread?

Regards,

David

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast