Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My first buckle

Article about: Spent the day at a gunshow and found lots of interesting things, can't wait to go back tomorrow and see if I missed anything. I liked the look of this one, and the price was right.

Default My first buckle

Spent the day at a gunshow and found lots of interesting things, can't wait to go back tomorrow and see if I missed anything. I liked the look of this one, and the price was right.

My first buckleMy first buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: My first buckle

Congrats on you first buckle Paul!
    It looks to be a nice, used, one piece example by Dr Franke and Co.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I love these aluminum heer parade buckles. This seems to have much wear. What a great first buckle!
    Dean.

Thank you Ralph. I liked the used ones

Thanks Dean, I never really looked at any kind of buckle before, but looking at all of the threads here is kinda rubbing off on me lol I like these too, the pebbling adds more to it than the smooth buckles I looked today.

Nice buckle by Dr Franke & Co, Ludenscheid, the buckle is in fact a combat buckle and not a parade buckle, made between 1936-39 it would have had a leather support tab at some point, nice buckle for your first one
    Ben

Just to show this one for example, it has a 1940 dated tab so probably one of the last few aluminium buckles to be given a tab, you do find 1940 tabbed alu buckle around but not in great numbers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first buckle   My first buckle  

My first buckle   My first buckle  

Ben

Great looking buckle, if you get bored of it let me know!...

Ok, Gunny, your first on the list lol There were quite a few belts and buckles there, one guy had a couple with Heer and Luftwaffe buckles with tan canvas belts, and a few ww 1 buckles and belts, and a couple HJ buckles and a repro SS buckle. It's amazing how much you can pick up here just by looking at the pictures

That's a really nice one Ben, there were a few metal buckles with the tabs, but all the alu ones were without.