Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My new buckle - Heer with tropical tab

Article about: Well, I got the buckle that I asked you guys about earlier, and I am very well pleased with it! Here are the photos: I don't think the photos will show it, but it's marked "H.A. 41"

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Good one.
    Thank you, SteveR!

Incidentally, I notice now that the head of the eagle on these Arld buckles is very noticeably different than that of the Aurich examples, so even if the markings are the same, it's very easy to distinguish the difference. Thank you, guys, for all the input and the positive identification of this buckle!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new buckle - Heer with tropical tab
    P
    Many

?

Your buckle collection is really starting strong. When your first HJ is a conversion and your first Heer is a excellent tropical. Your getting some real quality buckles. Love the crank catch KM. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    Your buckle collection is really starting strong. When your first HJ is a conversion and your first Heer is a excellent tropical. Your getting some real quality buckles. Love the crank catch KM. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.
    Thank you, Kirby! That means a lot. I've been pretty lucky to find some pretty nice buckles within my budget, but the real credit goes to all the forum experts who have both helped me learn to distinguish the good from bad and offered encouragement in collecting.

I love that tropical Heer and you've got quite a quality collection!..

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I love that tropical Heer and you've got quite a quality collection!..
    Thanks, Gunny! The fun is in the hunt, but having them to look at isn't bad either!

Quote by Erno View Post
    Many thanks, Jimbo! You are well on your way to that. As I remember, you have some very nice Heer and Luftwaffe buckles as well as a few others. This is my small buckle collection so far (without the new tropical Heer):

Attachment 673422

I use a deep Riker mount case for these. I'm not sure if you can get hold of one in the UK, but if so, they look really nice displayed this way.
    Do you mean these Erno?......
    1 Display Case Deeper For WWII German US British Buckle Medal Badge Helmet Plate | eBay

?

Nice one Erno!

?

Quote by weller View Post
    Nice one Erno!
    Thank you, Weller!

Yes! Those are the ones. I use the shallow cases (about 19mm) for things like medals and patches, and the deeper ones (about 32mm) for buckles. The case that I use for buckles is a bit smaller in length and width than the one in the link, though. I would highly recommend them if you can find any at a decent price. Shipping can be quite high.

I didn't notice that the tab was tropical, that makes it even nicer! I wish I had your luck in searching for items.

?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    I didn't notice that the tab was tropical, that makes it even nicer! I wish I had your luck in searching for items.
    Thanks again, Aleks! It is luck mostly, but it also takes patience and a fait bit of opportunism. If I bought every buckle I wanted, I'd be keeping them in my cardboard house.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2