Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with unique belt buckle and other relics I have

Article about: I have several WWII relics from my grandfather that I am interested in learning the value of. I am sure some collector could appreciate them more than me, and would find them of great intere

Phoenyx
    ?

Default Need help with unique belt buckle and other relics I have

I have several WWII relics from my grandfather that I am interested in learning the value of. I am sure some collector could appreciate them more than me, and would find them of great interest.
    The most interesting piece is a German belt buckle that reads, "Gott Mit Uns". It still has the leather end of the belt attached, and on the backside scratched (with a knife perhaps?) is B A. I am assuming these are the initials of the soldier who wore it, which I thought was pretty cool. The leather part also has a "stamp" of sorts that says something in German, and the year 1938. My grandmother always told me my grandfather cut this from a soldier he killed in the war.
    I also have several photographs of him in various locations, one of which says "Somewhere in France". There is a really cool little folder thing from Pompeii, which has a paper accordian of images inside of it. Along with those I found a pack of post cards from Rome.
    There is also a black scrapbook filled with V-mail and clippings from the soldier's newspaper, as well as love poems to my grandmother.
    With the items there was also an old watch, a pin from Fort Knox, and pins for Roosevelt and Hoover. Everything is stored in a beautiful although beat up wooden box which says Naples, 1944.
    All in all a very cool historical collection that I know very little about. I was hoping someone in here might be able to point me in the right direction and possibly indicate what the value of some of these things might be? Thank you in advance and I look forward to your response.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Need help with unique belt buckle and other relics I have

Do you have any pictures of the buckle?
    Ben

If I were you, I would keep it all. If you were to sell anything, I would only sell the buckle because the other stuff doesn't have much value in the collector's market so it would probably mean much more to you. It sounds like you have an Army belt buckle, although it could be Kriegsmarine (Navy). Post pictures of the buckle and we can help you out much more.

Pictures of the buckle are really the only way we can give you a fair estimate. Hope to see it!
    Cheers!
    Rob

Phoenyx
    ?

Thanks for your responses. Here are some pics of the buckle. Hope I do this right.Need help with unique belt buckle and other relics I haveNeed help with unique belt buckle and other relics I haveNeed help with unique belt buckle and other relics I have

Hello,

It is indeed an original Army (heer) buckle and the leather tab appears to be dated 1938 and for maker from Lüdenscheid (which maker I cannot make out on the tab.) Perhaps Ben can tell the maker from the eagle design, however I'm sure everyone would also like to see a photo of the buckle reverse (where there may be additional markings) and also a close-up photo of the maker/date stamp on the front of the tab.

Best,
    Adam

Nice original buckle, like Adam as already stated can you provide pics of the rear and makers mark on the tab?
    Ben