Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New Berge & Nolte - 43 Buckle

Article about: Just purchased this buckle. I am very grateful to Ben Evans for his help in describing it and giving me some invaluable background on it. I hope all enjoy the pictures. Thanks, William

Default New Berge & Nolte - 43 Buckle

Just purchased this buckle. I am very grateful to Ben Evans for his help in describing it and giving me some invaluable background on it. I hope all enjoy the pictures.

Thanks,

William

New Berge & Nolte - 43 BuckleNew Berge & Nolte - 43 BuckleNew Berge & Nolte - 43 BuckleNew Berge & Nolte - 43 BuckleNew Berge & Nolte - 43 BuckleNew Berge & Nolte - 43 BuckleNew Berge & Nolte - 43 Buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Berge & Nolte - 43 Buckle
    P
    Many

As before William, very very nice original and hard to find buckle by Berge & Nolte. 43 dated buckles are very hard to come by, cracking buckle, very distinct Nolte eagle with the again distinct Nolte prongs, very nice indeed mate
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    As before William, very very nice original and hard to find buckle by Berge & Nolte. 43 dated buckles are very hard to come by, cracking buckle, very distinct Nolte eagle with the again distinct Nolte prongs, very nice indeed mate
    The "prongs" with the chopped off tips gave me a little concern as they look like the fakes. I am glad I had a picture of the B & N - 43 buckle from this forum to look at and compare. Once again this forum is a huge help. Many thanks to all of you who make this possible.

William

They do get mistaken for the "OLT" prongs on some fake buckles, some early Assmann buckles also had prongs like this
    Ben

See the prongs on this FAD buckle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Berge & Nolte - 43 Buckle  
    Ben

Quote by ben evans View Post
    they do get mistaken for the "olt" prongs on some fake buckles, some early assmann buckles also had prongs like this
    "olt"?

Tony Oliver fake SS buckles, used the reverse cut off prongs like these, here is a fake SS OLT buckle, look at his initials
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Berge & Nolte - 43 Buckle  
    Ben

Tony Oliver fake SS buckles, used the reverse cut off prongs like these, here is a fake SS OLT buckle, look at his initials
    I get it. You guys have your own vocabulary. Plus you "Mates" over the pond have a different vocabulary. But, you probably think that about me.

William

Lol, you should come to Derbyshire where I live, the local dialect would have you amazed, English language with a Danish/Viking slang
    Ben

Lol, you should come to Derbyshire where I live, the local dialect would have you amazed, English language with a Danish/Viking slang
    I travel to Ukraine & Thailand to teach conversational English each year. Most of my students have been taught British English in school so I have to laugh when I hear "Its a pitty" or "The meal was very tasty".