Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Noob in need of help

Article about: I had never really thought of the availability of food, like I said the things we take for granted these days. But I am a lean guy and have a waist in the 31-32 inch range and I have got to

Default Noob in need of help

Hello everybody, first off please excuse my ignorance.

I have been reading through some of the other posts and some of you have blown my mind with your wealth of knowledge. I was hoping you might be able to shed some light on what I have? Thank you in advance for any info you might be able to share. Noob in need of helpNoob in need of helpNoob in need of helpNoob in need of help

There is also a belt that came along with this and I am currently working on pictures.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Noob in need of help
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum, you have there a original worn aluminium Heer buckle made by the maker Noelle & Hueck, Ludenschied
    Ben

Thank you for the welcome and the lightning fast response! You did not even give me time to finish with the belt pictures. The size of this belt makes me think it might be a youths but if my limited understanding is correct this buckle would have come from an enlisted soldier? My best guess without measuring is 26-28 in waist. I can only find one marking other than what I would imagine to be the signature of the person it belonged to.

Noob in need of helpNoob in need of helpNoob in need of helpNoob in need of help

Belt is also original, you will find small belts, food was not readily available towards the end of the war and soldiers lost weight, most cut their belts down to fit them.
    Ben

That makes sense, food one of the things we take for granted. Should there be any markings on the leather? Any idea what the PM is?

The leather might have been marked, it would have had the size on the non hook end but that has been cut down, might have had a makers mark on the fold over on the hook end, the PM is the steel makers maker mark who made the hook (not sure who it is, will find out tomorrow for you when home, on nights at mo) and the date 1940
    Ben

?

Even before the war people were a lot smaller than today. Most of the German and American uniforms I have owned have been size 36 or less and most of the waists were under 30 inches. I have had a lot the US uniforms from the late 1800 and they were tiny.

A nice worn set as Ben said.

My Father's uniform looks to My eyes like almost a Kid's outfit. He always told me that he weighed less in the Service than he did in High School and looking at his uniform, I never had a reason to not believe him!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you both for the info!

Just so I am clear on the vernacular in the reference to "worn" does this imply worn in battle or well used? Or both?

More than likely Both, of course. Not many people in Europe would have been seen wearing a swastika belt around after the war...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast