Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Odd Army Belt and Buckle

Article about: As most of you know I do not collect German items, however I do came across them. I bought this today, I was not sure it was correct as the paint is very good, and the belt is brown. When I

?

Default Odd Army Belt and Buckle

As most of you know I do not collect German items, however I do came across them.
    I bought this today, I was not sure it was correct as the paint is very good, and the belt is brown.
    When I got it home I saw markings on them.
    So can anyone tell me if they are correct, and why is the belt brown?

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Odd Army Belt and BuckleOdd Army Belt and BuckleOdd Army Belt and BuckleOdd Army Belt and BuckleOdd Army Belt and BuckleOdd Army Belt and BuckleOdd Army Belt and Buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd Army Belt and Buckle
    P
    Many

It could be Luftwaffe or initially belts and equipment were not all black, at a certain date an order came out for all leather to be blackened then they started to issue black leather equipment
    Ben

?

Thank you for the reply. So do you think this is correct and original?

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Yes Dean, it is indeed original
    Ben

?

THANK YOU!!! As I said, I know little about this stuff, and I do take chances buying sometimes, even the stuff I "know" about is crap shoot these days!!!
    Now, and I am sorry for asking these, that maybe to you foolish questions, but to me are interesting, and as a rule I remember what I learn and pass it on.
    1, why is the rough side of the leather out on this belt? Perhaps to not have marks left on the uniform?

2 and I really hate to ask this, but I will as I am going to trade this piece sometime in the future or sell it, for what I collect, and as we are all collectors here with our own areas of collecting, I trust no one will mind this.. can you give me a ball park of value?...
    Now before anyone jumps on me for this, I know what I have into it..so I have NEVER asked for retail on anything I have, however it seems most of the time, others that have things I want ( not all the time and shortly I hope to be able to show what another Member has helped me get for my collection) ask for more than market value.

Now, Members here can tell me to look at this site or that, well if it was something I really know about, I could do that and see the differences in what I have and what is shown, guys with this stuff, I do not know what to look for!!!

And by the same token, if anyone here found something I do know about, and posted photos and asked questions, I would do all I could to help you out....
    Damn... again on my high horse or soap box... did I mention the Japanese Gas mask I bought?? LOL

That's another thread!!

Thank you again

Take Care All

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Dean, quite normal for the "buff" side out, could have been so the smooth side rubbed against the uniform, I suppose would have been more comfortable.

Ref to price both belt and buckle are in top condition selling private I would say between $240-260, dealers would charge more

Mate ref asking questions you are a regular poster on here and not a one off wanting a price so ask away mucker now get off yer soap box lol
    Ben

?

Thanks Ben, I think sometimes my soap boxes get a tad high. LOL and Thank you, I had no idea that those things were worth more than $100.
    So when I go to make a deal..now both of us will get a fair deal

Thank you again.

Take care

Dean O

?

That's a really nice one! Hard worn ones seem to sell for around $100-125 or so with the belt, but this one is really very nice.