Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original Wehrmacht belt and buckle?

Article about: hi I bought this for \\$75 today at a second hand store I go to regularly and in the past have gotten some great ww2 german stuff there for cheap, I picked this up today and I think its origin

Default Original Wehrmacht belt and buckle?

hi I bought this for $75 today at a second hand store I go to regularly and in the past have gotten some great ww2 german stuff there for cheap, I picked this up today and I think its original but I wouldn't know, the little tab on the buckle is dated 1938 and it appears to have unit markings although I have no idea for what unit, help would be appreciated thank you

Original Wehrmacht belt and buckle?Original Wehrmacht belt and buckle?Original Wehrmacht belt and buckle?Original Wehrmacht belt and buckle?Original Wehrmacht belt and buckle?Original Wehrmacht belt and buckle?Original Wehrmacht belt and buckle?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Wehrmacht belt and buckle?
    P
    Many

should also mention that as of a few minutes ago while looking at the leather tab I think I may have a maker, heavily worn out but I make out and e on the top and the rest in worn out and below Frankfurt blank s so I think this may have been made by the e.f. wiedman firm in frankfurt

?

Richtofen, Could you please take some pictures of the rear of the buckle and a Pic of the tab markings and post them ?? Gwar

it was beyond hard to get a good picture of the makers mark as its pretty worn off and hard to see with the naked eye but I think I got a few decent ones

Original Wehrmacht belt and buckle?Original Wehrmacht belt and buckle?Original Wehrmacht belt and buckle?Original Wehrmacht belt and buckle?Original Wehrmacht belt and buckle?Original Wehrmacht belt and buckle?

?

Richtofen, I cannot seem to find a maker of this buckle.. Moderator Ben Evans is the real expert here.
    It appears to be in MHO a "Frankfurt" maker by the tab.. as stated by your post.. I will bow out and hope that you may recieve an answer as time allows... Nice set and at that price "Even Better"... Regards and the best...Gwar

?

That's a nice original set. The maker may well be Wiedmann.

?

The only other suggestion I may add is to look underneath the prong bar / tab for any visible maker marks...G

?

Erno.. Hey hope all is well !! Can you see a "Box W" ??? My screen is small...G

I just checked theres no other marks on the buckle or tab however I was able to make out a faint letter next to Frankfurt overall it says Frankfurt M S

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Erno.. Hey hope all is well !! Can you see a "Box W" ??? My screen is small...G
    Hi there, Gwar! All is well here, and I hope the same is true on your side.

I don't know if any of these Wiedmann Heer buckles are marked. All of those that I've seen were unmarked.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast