Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Overhoff & Cie buckle with belt

Article about: Bought a couple years ago from militaria dealer I see at the local antique shows. The buckle and tab were separate from the belt but they both had an old wet smell so I thought they went tog

Default Overhoff & Cie buckle with belt

Bought a couple years ago from militaria dealer I see at the local antique shows. The buckle and tab were separate from the belt but they both had an old wet smell so I thought they went together. Dealer said the buckle was authentic but was not sure about belt. Attached pics for your coments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Overhoff & Cie buckle with belt   Overhoff & Cie buckle with belt  

Overhoff & Cie buckle with belt   Overhoff & Cie buckle with belt  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Overhoff & Cie buckle with belt
    P
    Many

Default Re: Overhoff & Cie buckle with belt

Super Wehrmacht Heer buckle and which is truly dignified by the 1937 style of the Overhoff leather tongue, with that so distinct style of font.

The strap I think is not in simpatico.

Great buckle with a super Lederzunge and here is another leather tongue for comparison.

Regards,

David
    Last edited by David North; 08-31-2010 at 07:17 PM.

Nice early buckle Joe by Overhoff. For such a prolific maker such as these you do not see many Heer buckles around by them, I especially like the full title tab, again quite hard to come by, aluminiums especially! here is a steel one to throw in the mix, Note the crest on the rear of the head, a good way of spotting this maker when no tab is attached
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Overhoff & Cie buckle with belt   Overhoff & Cie buckle with belt  

Overhoff & Cie buckle with belt  
    Ben

BTW the belt has been probably field repaired at some point, whether it is post war or period is hard to say, I will have a look at the stitching
    Ben

Are you saying it does not look like that belt goes with this buckle? That is possible since they were not attached when i bought them from the dealer.

Joe, it is very rare to find a belt that has been with a buckle since issue, the belt leather is original, I could not say 1000% sure that the field repairs are period or post war, I have enclosed a pic of a unit marked belt and buckle, again I can pressume they have been together from issue but cannot say for definite

Ben

Very nice. Buckle is excellent looking. Thank you for your comments, Joe