Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A question on the buckle

Article about: Hello. Your opinion, while only such photos. In my opinion all good.

Default A question on the buckle

Hello.
    Your opinion, while only such photos.A question on the buckleA question on the buckle
    In my opinion all good.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A question on the buckle
    P
    Many

?

Looks good but I wonder why the tab shows so much more wear than the buckle.
    Last edited by kirby; 09-06-2016 at 11:05 PM.

According to the legend found in the attic. Will wait for more photos.

The buckle is original (as is the tab) the big question were they put on together? Is the leather black? I have never seen a black tab on a aluminium GB buckle? Is it just the pics? has it been polished? If the price was right I would buy it for the buckle alone
    Ben

Thank you. I was too embarrassed the color of the tab can storage conditions or poor execution of the photo. I'll wait for a new photo.

Hello,

i think it is a right GB buckle with marking under the prongs on back side .

We see a tab that has spend a lot time moist and than dryed . Will be hard and brittle ,which would confirm the breaking point .

That also the reason for dark/black appearance .....
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

I agree with Kirby, Ben and Markus, good and nice GB buckle and good tab , I haven't seen a GB bucklen with a black tab but there's always a first time

?

I guess moisture could be the reason the tab is dark. I live in a very dry climate so I seldom have to deal with high humidity.

?

Agree with others, a GB with a black tab is different but could be a good one Pics of leather stitching would be nice.

?

It seems plausible that the buckle in question has not seen much use.. The lack of degradation of the pebbling with also the much desired original finish is enough in my book to warrant a great find... I must also echo the comments of Ben and Markus as well as others .. The buckle alone is in great condition and if presented to me, I would probably purchase it on the buckles' merit and quality one would wish to attain as a collector..
    These are only my opinions of course... !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast