MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The question of conversion.

Article about: Hello. Friends, your view of the buckle. Stalingrad archaeology, I do not understand soldered pin on the reverse side of the medallion. And your General impression about this buckle?

Default The question of conversion.

Hello. Friends, your view of the buckle. Stalingrad archaeology, I do not understand soldered pin on the reverse side of the medallion. And your General impression about this buckle?The question of conversion.The question of conversion.The question of conversion.The question of conversion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The question of conversion.
    P
    Many

Can hook to belt not jumped???The question of conversion.The question of conversion.The question of conversion.The question of conversion.The question of conversion.The question of conversion.The question of conversion.

?

This raises many questions.... First it started out as a "Turnerbund" or Gymnastic Association buckle..
    The roundel has a left facing eagle which in my opinion is earlier than the normally seen on PP / private purchase buckles... Kirby has more than a few examples... These are just some... some of my of my observations and opinions. I hope others will chime in..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

When I see this I can only suspect that someone likely found a Turnerbund buckle in one place and a WH Roundel in another place and decided to marry the two of them, hoping for a better price...
    Just my impression,
    Glenn

?

I don't care for the roundel... It looks coated with some material.. Maybe shellac or other substance. But it also appears that some one took the time to attempt a "Groove" for at least this part of attachment..
    Edit... I wonder if this is where the original "Foot" catch was .... Hmmmm.... Interesting
    Attached Images Attached Images The question of conversion. 

I thought so too, but the owner says that buckle was found like this.... In repair during the war I do not believe, in view of their small quantity. I've never seen such a WH Roundel on the conversion of the buckle. Here's my other with the same Roundel.The question of conversion.The question of conversion.

?

Yes... I had one just like your example in post #6... That resides in Kirby's collection now.. This is an odd one for me..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The question of conversion.   The question of conversion.  

?

I hope that David North or Ben and others can add more... This is puzzling...

Yes, we have more questions than answers. Will wait for other gurus.

?

I am glad you boys know what you are talking about. I was setting here scratching my head wondering with what my wife calls "that stupid look on your face". I love her honesty even though it can be irritating at times.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast