Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Questions - Frank & Co. Buckle and Belt

Article about: Amongst a mixed convolute I bought was this steel buckle & belt. Think its genuine - have a couple of questions - is it original ? the MM on the leather tab - Dr Franke & Co. K 1941

?

Default Questions - Frank & Co. Buckle and Belt

Amongst a mixed convolute I bought was this steel buckle & belt. Think its genuine - have a couple of questions - is it original ? the MM on the leather tab - Dr Franke & Co. K 1941 Lüdenscheid and the stamping on the buckle _. F & C. 1941 can't say I've seen any Dr. Franke buckles stamped like this one partially under the buckle bridge and the leather belt with RZM L2/2189/3 - I thought it should read - not RZM but RB (Reichsbetriebsnummer) the belts condition is far better than the buckles when compared. But as I said, it was a all or nothing buy. Any information appreciated.
    Regards
    Alec
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questions - Frank & Co. Buckle and Belt   Questions - Frank & Co. Buckle and Belt  

Attached Images Attached Images Questions - Frank & Co. Buckle and Belt  Questions - Frank & Co. Buckle and Belt 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questions - Frank & Co. Buckle and Belt
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Questions - Frank & Co. Buckle and Belt

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questions - Frank & Co. Buckle and Belt  

Good morning Alec, dont know about the belt numbers but the buckle is a very typical and genuine steel Heer buckle by Dr Franke, it has the correct eagle, marking are correct, the squared off ears, overall nice buckle mate
    Ben

Just looking at the belt, from what I can see and deduct from that it is a political belt I think and not a combat belt, thats why it is marked L2 and not RB
    Ben

Just got time to post these, note at the rear the squared ears, I believe they tried to base the pigeon head fake on this buckle and again the Dr Franke has a unique eagle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questions - Frank & Co. Buckle and Belt   Questions - Frank & Co. Buckle and Belt  

Questions - Frank & Co. Buckle and Belt   Questions - Frank & Co. Buckle and Belt  

Questions - Frank & Co. Buckle and Belt   Questions - Frank & Co. Buckle and Belt  

Ben

?

Hi Ben,
    Thanks for the confirmation and pictures. Reading through your comments about Dr Franke's unique eagle and forgers, I got to wondering (I'm no buckle collector) if there was a pecking order for buckle collectors when it came to buckle makers i.e. Most sort after, sort after, run of the mill - similar to Iron Cross medal collectors i.e. ranking certain makers higher than others?
    Looking again at the belt marking, to me its a anomaly - number layout looks typical RBN style - L at the start - even indicates L= Leather but the prefix stamp is RZM which doesn't go together. One question - if the there were no marks on the belt, how can you tell if its political or combat ? I've always thought, if its black and shiny - parade belt, if black and dull, matt finish - combat. What must I look out for, when I think it may be a political belt ? Again thanks for the help.
    Best Wishes
    Alec

Alec, have a look at the belt buckle and characteristics thread there is quite a bit of info in there mate about belts, it will explain the difference in type 1 and 2 combat belts, political belts etc In ref to any pecking order that is down to the individual taste mate to be honest, at one point all I collected was Heer buckles and nothing else!
    Ben