MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reichswehr buckle in aluminium

Article about: Hello Bill, I would say it is very hard to judge if the buckle is made from aluminium or nickel silver only by images. In the case of Christian's buckle I have to mention, that I had this pa

?

Default Re: Reichswehr buckle in aluminium

Hello Bill,

I would say it is very hard to judge if the buckle is made from aluminium or nickel silver only by images.
    In the case of Christian's buckle I have to mention, that I had this particular buckle already in my hands! It is for sure made from Alu!

Best regards,
    Guido

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichswehr buckle in aluminium
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Buckle1 View Post
    Guido, et al,

I certainly agree on the rarity of the die struck buckle. The two- piece ones are not so common either. I do have a question on the die struck buckle. How does one tell it is aluminum from a photo if the individual does not mention it as being alum.? The catch looks a bit different but only a very minor difference.

The best to all of you,

Bill
    Good question Bill! Sometimes on photos nickle silver looks like aluminium, depending on photo quality. You need to have it in your hands to be sure what material it is.

But I think that not many makers produced the aluminium one piece variant. All the buckles that I know are (probably) made from the same maker as thay look all the same or at least very similar.

Regards,
    Christian

Christian,

Thanks for the response. Yes, I agree probably only two or three makers. The only Reichswehr buckle I know of w/a makers mark is "Pulmann & Crone". I have a mint one w/the RZM mark as well. The Reichsmarine buckles in brass all seem to be produced by "Schmole, Menden" My two piece alum. buckle has a1935 dated RS&S tab on it. It looks to be original to the buckle but could have been added at some point.

Best regards,

Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2