Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Reichswehr buckle being worn Circa 1942!!!

Article about: Hi Chaps, I thought I'd post this card I bought on ebay recently. As you can see this soldier is wearing a Reichswehr buckle & the Ostmedaille ribbon dating the photo to circa 1942 or la

Default Reichswehr buckle being worn Circa 1942!!!

Hi Chaps, I thought I'd post this card I bought on ebay recently. As you can see this soldier is wearing a Reichswehr buckle & the Ostmedaille ribbon dating the photo to circa 1942 or later!!! The soutache on his cap looks black, so he's a probably a pioneer.

But for all reenactors out there you can wear a Reichswehr buckle without being accused of being 'farby'!!!

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichswehr buckle being worn Circa 1942!!!   Reichswehr buckle being worn Circa 1942!!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichswehr buckle being worn Circa 1942!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reichswehr buckle being worn Circa 1942!!!

Interesting photo Richard, probably an "old sweat" who kept his RW buckle when they moved over to the TR Heer Koppelschloss, probably against regulations but soldiers will be soldiers!
    Ben

?

Interesting photo. He didn't get promoted much.

Thanks Ben & Kirby, yeah, being a veteran sounds logical. I like these photos that show the soldiers individuality, cheers, Richard.

Nice pic! I have seen a number of pics of soldiers wearing strange non-issue buckles---a WH Fallschirmjaeger with a WWI Prussian buckle (maybe a souvenir from his father?); HJ Flakhelfer with SS buckle (maybe a gift from his brother/father?); Wehrmacht soldier with LW buckle, also SA buckle; LW DAK officer with tropical WH DAK officer buckle; etc., etc. Some cases were likely personal choice, but some may have been due to supply problems. It seems there was a lot of leeway in the field regarding uniforms. I would like to see more such pics.

Great pic! I too would love to see more of these types of pictures! Love seeing stuff like this! Thanks for posting!

Rob

Thanks Rob & Shinyemon, I also would like to see more pics. I really like these non regulation images. I'll post a link to this thread on the photos forum to see if there's a response, Cheers, Richard.

which we call tradition in Germany.
    a soldier already serving in the REICHSWEHR army was indeed among the elite of the Wehrmacht
    the 100 thousand soldiers were handpicked
    the authorization to be proud and to show that there was.

#
    officers wear the saber over generations of grandfathers,the luger 08 ( not the P38) and many more.
    The observant collector finds the love

#
    In this photo, but it was seen again.
    The photographer probably had nothing better there.
    And without coupling - a no go Photo

I agree, the human, personal touches to uniforms are always very interesting.