Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Right facing eagle early buckles

Article about: My last words about this "buckle": It´s not made in germany! Any belt-buckle producers ass would be kicked if he had made this shame! Gruß Max

Default Re: Right facing eagle early buckles

Ops, beg you pardon for my imgs flooding :-D
    Andrea

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Right facing eagle early buckles
    P
    Many

Hi Guys,
    new acquisition: a "consumed" (but quite good at all) Assman in according to Nash's book (2003 ed. - pg. 119 & Angolia's 2001 ed. - pg 71) .

Andrea
    PS just for curiosity: as Nash report on his book, vertical lines between "T" and "M" letters from the motto also characterize the producer; some invisible marks are present on the rear, but I have to investigate on it in the "invisibile mark" thread of the forum next days...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Right facing eagle early buckles   Right facing eagle early buckles  

Ok Guys,
    after long time, toady a "special cake"/MILESTONE for this section, this could be considered a really early right facing conversion buckle (we find a similar one on Angolia's book 2001 ed.):
    a "ERSATZ" model buckle (1915 ca.) converted on a early right facing buckle at all. Note the crude/stilized eagle. The laurel leaves, the 2 pins that fixed the new logo over the older crowned (dressed 'till 1930 ca.). The svastika design. The original green color on the rear and the new one on front.
    A very early (a not common) right facing, I think!
    Cheers
    Andrea
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Right facing eagle early buckles   Right facing eagle early buckles  

Right facing eagle early buckles  

?

Andrea,

this is the poorest roundel that I have ever seen on a conversed buckle!

Hard to believe that any of the experienced and famous buckle makers is responsible for this "ugly duckling"!

I am not convinced that this conversation was done period! Just a mention in Angolia's book means nothing.

The material of the roundel looks to be from lead. Can you confirm this?

Best,
    Guido

I have also always thought as this buckle/effort as a joke, like my learned friend Guido would you as a manufacturer put your name to this? I do not think so!
    Ben

That ´s the most ugliest buckle I´ve ever seen!!!
    It´s not genuine and causes me nightmares
    Gruß Max
    Last edited by Federer; 04-27-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Hi My Friends,

first of all: I'll appreciate all your observation at all .

For Guido: the eagle is not lead but steel.

For everyone: the example it's so crude and doubtfull I know for these reasons I've checked the genuinity not also form Angolia's book (2001 ed.) but I ask for it directly to the seller and the owner which Angolia published the pics: John Telesmanich (GERMANWARBOOTY.COM...Authentic Militaria), an serious seller: he confirm the autheticity at all.

Cheers
    Andrea

?

Andea,

the buckle has absolutely nothing to do with a Heer buckle:

- Where is the motto?
    - Why is the swastika not hold by the eagles claws?
    - Why can we see laurel leaves and not oak leaves?

And further:
    - Wich serious maker should have produced such a crap?
    - Why is the basis an Imperial buckle and not a Reichswehr buckle?

If you ask me: Give it back to the seller!

Best,
    Guido

Hi to All,

I'll try to answer to Guido doubts (also mine sometimes ):

>the buckle has absolutely nothing to do with a Heer buckle:

may be or... may be not: are you absolutely sure..? OK, good let's start from here:

>- Where is the motto?

We can hipotisize that we are talk 'bout a very transition early period and a little cottage could be realized this scarce/crude/ugly variant, nothing more or nothing less.

>- Why is the swastika not hold by the eagles claws?

same as above

- Why can we see laurel leaves and not oak leaves?

good observation at all: if you notice, oak leaves are introduced after the laurel that they was "molded" on WW1 buckle standard so, we can link this to the first answer just up above

>And further:
    >- Wich serious maker should have produced such a crap?

a little cottage/factory for example, that quickly wanted to sell buckle and get moneys soonly with new standardization rules, but for hurry or mistakes or historical standardization confusion they realized this scarce variant...

>- Why is the basis an Imperial buckle and not a Reichswehr buckle?

May be 'cause they have stores full of this furnitures and it was more simple to convert or modify crowned buckle than reichswheer ones...

->If you ask me: Give it back to the seller!

One day may be

I think if someone of us could find some specialized catalog of the period (as some book's author done) it could be interesting to verify this theories. The fact is that accreditate expert 'till now confirm the originality of the ugly variant...

Cheers
    Andrea

?

Andrea,

the Wehrmacht Heer was not a freetime club where every one could do what he want!! They had clear regulations what a soldier had to wear and how a buckle had to look like! You can look it up for instance in the Heeresverordnungsblatt. The producers were able to get specimen buckles at the Heeresbeschaffungsämter. Again, I cannot believe that a bird like yours was the product of a serious maker (if cottage industrie ot not). The shown eagle was for sure an offence to an official German national emblem.

I cannot help me but your explanations are just a wishful thinking. Each collector has a different way of collecting. This buckle is perhaps a cracker in your eyes - all right! But other collectors have other opinions!

Best,
    Guido

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast