Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Right facing eagle early buckles

Article about: My last words about this "buckle": It´s not made in germany! Any belt-buckle producers ass would be kicked if he had made this shame! Gruß Max

Default Re: Right facing eagle early buckles

My last words about this "buckle": It´s not made in germany! Any belt-buckle producers ass would be kicked if he had made this shame!
    Gruß Max

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Right facing eagle early buckles
    P
    Many

Hi to all,

with this "ugly" right facing I create a kind of "cold case" may be next right facing would be better, the forum it's good also for this, do you?

Cheers
    Andrea

?

It's like my Aunt Betty used to say; "If my aunt had balls, she'd'a been my uncle..."

Quote by greenwave7 View Post
    Hi to All,

I'll try to answer to Guido doubts (also mine sometimes ):

>the buckle has absolutely nothing to do with a Heer buckle:

may be or... may be not: are you absolutely sure..? OK, good let's start from here:

>- Where is the motto?

We can hipotisize that we are talk 'bout a very transition early period and a little cottage could be realized this scarce/crude/ugly variant, nothing more or nothing less.

>- Why is the swastika not hold by the eagles claws?

same as above

- Why can we see laurel leaves and not oak leaves?

good observation at all: if you notice, oak leaves are introduced after the laurel that they was "molded" on WW1 buckle standard so, we can link this to the first answer just up above

>And further:
    >- Wich serious maker should have produced such a crap?

a little cottage/factory for example, that quickly wanted to sell buckle and get moneys soonly with new standardization rules, but for hurry or mistakes or historical standardization confusion they realized this scarce variant...

>- Why is the basis an Imperial buckle and not a Reichswehr buckle?

May be 'cause they have stores full of this furnitures and it was more simple to convert or modify crowned buckle than reichswheer ones...

->If you ask me: Give it back to the seller!

One day may be

I think if someone of us could find some specialized catalog of the period (as some book's author done) it could be interesting to verify this theories. The fact is that accreditate expert 'till now confirm the originality of the ugly variant...

Cheers
    Andrea

Thank you ErichK it's sounds like " if may grand mother had wheels she was a barrow "
    Andrea

Better now?

Cheers
    Andrea
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Right facing eagle early buckles   Right facing eagle early buckles  

Quote by greenwave7 View Post
    Better now?

Cheers
    Andrea
    Much better Andreas
    Ben

Hi to All,

today I’ll put some images from Jürgen Bandau publication (page 85, DEUTSCHE KOPPELSCHLÖSSER 1800-1945, 1990, parzwal ed.) just for reference (nothing more) of this thread: first is another reference for our right facing buckles and second and third one are a “similarities” evidence for my past “ugly duck” buckle: if you notice designs are quite similar on eagle die…it could be interesting to discover the producer-s .

Cheers
    A.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Right facing eagle early buckles   Right facing eagle early buckles  

Right facing eagle early buckles  

Could a german member please translate text 5.2.1 please, there are quite e few words that I do not understand, I would be interested to know what it reads.

Thanks
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Could a german member please translate text 5.2.1 please, there are quite e few words that I do not understand, I would be interested to know what it reads.

Thanks
    No. 5.2.1 Wehrmacht-Heer: enlisted man belt buckle

Material:
    a) silvery nickle alloy, pebbled, die stamped
    b) silvery nickle alloy, pebbled, 2-piece construction
    c) silvery aluminium, pebbled, 2-piece construction
    d) silvery nickle alloy or aluminium, pebbled, 2-piece construction 42 x 60 mm (private purchase piece)
    e) golden brass, smooth, die stamped
    f) golden aluminium, pebbled, 2-piece construction (private purchase piece)
    Measurements:
    a), b), c), e), f) 47 x 63 mm; d) 42 x 60 mm
    Note:
    Converted buckles of the Turnerbund and the Reichswehr were sold as private purchase pieces. The roundel was soldered on.
    With direction of 24. January 1936 the buckle inherited from the Reichswehr was modified. It got an eagle in the middle, who held the swastika in his claws. At first the eagle looked to the left (seen from the viewer), but was changed after a short time (still in 1936) and the eagle looked after that to the right.

Best,
    Guido

Hey Guido many thanks for that mate, what I find very interesting there is "Converted buckles of the Turnerbund and the Reichswehr were sold as private purchase pieces" I never realised converted buckles were "private purchase"
    In ref the the "ugly duck" buckle I am still not convinced it was ever used as a prototype
    Ben

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast