Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Right facing eagle early buckles

Article about: My last words about this "buckle": It´s not made in germany! Any belt-buckle producers ass would be kicked if he had made this shame! Gruß Max

?

Default Re: Right facing eagle early buckles

Hi Ben,

I think it makes sense that these converted buckles were no buckles for service. I never saw them with a leather tab and they were always silver washed and not field grey.

But I think Bandau has some errors in his statements:
    "e) golden brass, smooth, die stamped
    f) golden aluminium, pebbled, 2-piece construction (private purchase piece)"

Please note, we are talking about Wehrmacht-Heer but not Wehrmacht-Kriegsmarine!
    Apart from that I never saw a convincing die stamped brass Kriegsmarine buckle!

My opinion about the "ugly duck" has not changed.

Best,
    Guido

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Right facing eagle early buckles
    P
    Many

This buckle is still a shame!

new acquistion

Andrea
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Right facing eagle early buckles   Right facing eagle early buckles  

Hi Guys,
    today good news from the world...of the right facing B. a good Paulmann & Crone for all
    Andrea
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Right facing eagle early buckles   Right facing eagle early buckles  

Right facing eagle early buckles   Right facing eagle early buckles  

?

Hello Andrea,

nice buckle, I have never seen this distinct eagle on a right facing Heer before.
    Are we sure that roundel and box belong together? Maybe someone has a similar piece for comparison?

The makers mark on the box itself indicates Paul Cramer u. Co.!

Best,
    Guido

Quote by Guido View Post
    Hello Andrea,

nice buckle, I have never seen this distinct eagle on a right facing Heer before.
    Are we sure that roundel and box belong together? Maybe someone has a similar piece for comparison?

The makers mark on the box itself indicates Paul Cramer u. Co.!

Best,
    Guido
    I must admit, it is not the normal eagle I have seen on these Cramer buckles
    Ben

Hi Guys,

what a pleasure to heard of YOU!!!!
    Guido as usual your are correct: i'm wrong when I'm writing the maker 'cause I was so "ecxiting" to post it, beg you really pardon anyway I never see this buckle also, so it's possible (as Ben underline for the tunnerbund conv) that the eagle is form another maker but I've not any evidences or any documents at the moment to prove this: I hope in yours help!!!

BEST
    Andrea
    PS are you interested on my "HOMEMADE" ss visual review databank? If so next months I can send to you, some "first production" on it...let me know

Hi Guys,

new acquisition: good looking and patina (note on the rear, the pencil date 1935 could be made by the past owner).

We can observe the same soldered roundel logo on converted reichsweir left facing buckles and in others left facing parade buckle (not soldered) with 4 fixing aluminum ear tabs: this could confirm the "Ben evidence theory" that some roundels are made from different factories respect to the buckle support itself…

Cheers
    Andrea

Right facing eagle early buckles   Right facing eagle early buckles  

Right facing eagle early buckles  

Ops, beg you really pardon, I correct myself: the same roundel in visible on RIGHT facing buckles as mentioned up but not left facing as I erroneously write

GW7

Hi Mates,

yesterday re-exploring Angolia's 2001 book, I've notice on page 44 that he show a sale sample board from Overhoff & Cie that show a similar right facing buckle as above...good news?!(as I told to you before we can observe the same roundel on some reichsweir right facing conv buckles)

Cheers
    Andrea

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast