Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Right facing Heer buckle.

Article about: The postman dropped off this nice right facing Heer buckle today. It has a different eagle than my other right facing dress buckles. You can see the eagle is smaller.

Lovely buckles, would love a right facing.... :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Right facing Heer buckle.
    P
    Many

?

If you come across one you need to snap it up, these are getting hard to find.

Great find Kirby, I love right facing at all! ;-)

You find an ASMANN type 5 variant (first buckle of your pics), 'till now I've classified 5 types of this producer, the others 2 are still unknown maker and very hard to find!!!;-)

Also Rob showing very great buckles: 2 Assman and a high desirable unknown maker 40mm variant (only 3 types of this variant are known for now!)

Cheers Mates
    Andrea

?

Are you saying there are 5 variations of the four tab buckle or Assmann produced 5 different patterns?

Hi Kirby,

here we go: differences that I've noticed are not only in roundels but also in rear of the buckles/"soldering-clipping" logo mode.

so from top to bottom type_1 to type_5+ roundels at the end ;-)

Andrea
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Right facing Heer buckle.   Right facing Heer buckle.  

Right facing Heer buckle.   Right facing Heer buckle.  

Right facing Heer buckle.   Right facing Heer buckle.  

?

Some great looking buckles, thanks for the additional info.

Andreas, is this from observation or do you have documented evidence that all these are Assmann made? I can see where you are coming from, the lettering is much the same, look at the G on Gott, also on the last buckle shown the OLT type prongs ends are typical of early Assmann
    Ben

Hi Ben ,
    you perfectly right Mate!
    But as I wrote to you many months ago, I've based the Assman factory evidence on Peter Nash’s book (2003 ed., page 119); they present the same roundel similarities (i.e. numbers of straight lines between letters “T” and “M” of the roundel motto), so at the moment I've not other proves to say that these buckles are not Assman made...

grusse
    Andrea ;-)

PS Ben, do you mean OLC or OLT prongs end?

The OLT prongs mate, have a look, they have been mistaken for the OLT prongs before or the early Berge & Nolte prongs

Grusse
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Right facing Heer buckle.   Right facing Heer buckle.  

Right facing Heer buckle.  
    Ben

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast