Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

RS&S Heer Buckle

Article about: Hi All, Here is my recent buckle purchase. Maker marked RS&S. The leather tab isn't in the best of shape but I can make out a 1935 stamp; not sure who the maker is. The buckle itself loo

?

Default Re: RS&S Heer Buckle

As already written, a "1936" is more probably than a "1935". But I have learned after all the years of collecting, that nothing is impossible!

The introduction of the new Heer buckle was manifested in the Heeres-Verordnungsblatt (regulation newsletter) from 29th January 1936.

Regards,
    Guido

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RS&S Heer Buckle
    P
    Many

?

Thanks, Guido! And here I thought I might have had the first one ever!! Really though, I never doubted you. I'm way too early in the collecting stage to question anyone on here!

Ben, I was able to take some close-ups and believe I identified the early makers mark. It's not as crisp as yours, but the diamond shape is pretty evident.

I also tried the baby powder technique on the leather tab, but with no success. Regardless, looking at your example and my example side by side, you can piece together the letters to spell out R. Sieper & Sohne.

In any case, what does this mean for this buckle? Obviously it's an early example. Does the early makers mark add additional value to it (not much I assume considering the condition)? If not, no worries! To me it's a nice addition (my 2nd buckle) to a collection I hope to continue to add to!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RS&S Heer Buckle  

Nice to see, again some early Seiper buckles did have the double markings, the diamond being the earlier mark, it does not affect the value but its a added bonus in my eyes. In ref to the year like my learned friend Guido said, the buckle will probably turn out to be a 36 dated buckle but in this game never say never, I have seen a 35 dated Heer buckle before but never got my hands on it for inspection, it sold too quick lol. It would be interesting to see what date it turned out to be
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    ... like my learned friend Guido said ...
    Thankyou for the flowers, Ben!

If Richard Sieper ever produced Wehrmacht Heer buckles already in 1935, this could be a good candidate!

Regards,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RS&S Heer Buckle   RS&S Heer Buckle  

RS&S Heer Buckle  

Quote by Guido View Post
    Thankyou for the flowers, Ben!

If Richard Sieper ever produced Wehrmacht Heer buckles already in 1935, this could be a good candidate!

Regards,
    Guido
    You are most welcome my friend and Mmmm nice buckle and nicely marked
    Ben

?

Thanks for all of your help and knowledge, guys. I truly appreciate it!

And Guido, that is a very nice, minty buckle, I must say!

?

Thankyou Ben and yuengling325!

The condition and the markings are indeed fine, but I think the cherry on the cake is the left facing head of the eagle.

Regards,
    Guido

Quote by Guido View Post

but I think the cherry on the cake is the left facing head of the eagle.

Regards,
    Guido
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2