Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Single piece Alu Heer buckle, maker FKO.

Article about: I agree with the rest, the buckle is original and for \\$100 with a belt, bargain

Default Re: Single piece Alu Heer buckle, maker FKO.

I'd go for it if price is right as stated good original F.K.O. maker turning up some good buckles Lenny its nice to build back up I know the feeling. You're right about the salty been there look they are neat. timothy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Single piece Alu Heer buckle, maker FKO.
    P
    Many

Yeah, agreed Timothy. Once a collection is gone its hard to get back. When I think if the stuff I've had over the years... Groan... Ah well, such is life...

The buckle collection is growing, getting back in touch with a few old friends and putting the word out that I'm back into collecting. I've scored a few nice buckles due to old friends who owe me a deal...

I know exactly how you feel, Timothy....I could still kick myself for selling items I found in Germany as a young collector...I'm working on my 4th collection now, lol...
    Happy hunting, friend!
    Glenn

?

Thanks for you responses... This is the F.K.O. buckle I had stated earlier that just doesn't seem to..well...I cannot find any proof it is real... I mean...It looks good but does not conform to what I have witnessed as far as actual F.K.O. buckles in my research... I hope I am incorrect... I shelled out $ 90.00 for it plus S/H about $100.00... Gwar
    I am still waiting for it.... I hope I didn't make a "Holy Grail " mistake
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Single piece Alu Heer buckle, maker FKO.  

?

I don't see anything wrong with the buckle. If it came with a decent belt for $100 you got a good deal. If I was selling the buckle I would price it around $80-85 + shipping. So $90 + shipping isn't a bad deal.

I will overpay for the right buckle but I usually get enough stuff under market value that it averages out.

GWAR No worries with that buckle fine original I have never owned this maker good find timothy

?

Gwar, sounds like good news for you. If this is a rare style FKO mark buckle then you may want to post it in a separate thread titled that way. This forum is a very helpful learning tool if this is a rare style and you couldn't find another when researching, then this will help another collector in the future who had the same question as yourself.

Lenny, I like the buckle you picked up. The aluminum ones are better looking than others in my opinion and battle worn is even better! I thought they were only for parade wear but soldats always broke regulations.

?

As a rule the four tab private purchase buckles were the dress buckles. The regular aluminum buckle were painted and they were the combat buckle. When the war got going buckles were switched to steel. There would have been a wear out period.

Hello,

a very nice KKO with the much rarer stamp on back .

Thank's for sharing
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Cheers Dean, I like it too, always prefer combat worn to mint unissued...

As Kirby says, these one piece aluminium were combat wear until about 41 or so??? Then mild steel was phased in...

Quote by Dean View Post
    Gwar, sounds like good news for you. If this is a rare style FKO mark buckle then you may want to post it in a separate thread titled that way. This forum is a very helpful learning tool if this is a rare style and you couldn't find another when researching, then this will help another collector in the future who had the same question as yourself.

Lenny, I like the buckle you picked up. The aluminum ones are better looking than others in my opinion and battle worn is even better! I thought they were only for parade wear but soldats always broke regulations.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast