Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Stamped Aluminium Heer Buckle w/ Leather Tab

Article about: Here is my latest purchase, an enlisted man's aluminum buckle with leather tab. Nothing exotic but it's my first Heer buckle and wanted to share the pics. Nice pebbled aluminum with traces o

?

Default Stamped Aluminium Heer Buckle w/ Leather Tab

Here is my latest purchase, an enlisted man's aluminum buckle with leather tab. Nothing exotic but it's my first Heer buckle and wanted to share the pics. Nice pebbled aluminum with traces of green finish. Leather tab is marked "Gebr. Kugel & Fink, Ludenscheid" dated 1936.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stamped Aluminium Heer Buckle w/ Leather Tab   Stamped Aluminium Heer Buckle w/ Leather Tab  

Stamped Aluminium Heer Buckle w/ Leather Tab   Stamped Aluminium Heer Buckle w/ Leather Tab  

Stamped Aluminium Heer Buckle w/ Leather Tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stamped Aluminium Heer Buckle w/ Leather Tab
    P
    Many

Default Re: Stamped Aluminium Heer Buckle w/ Leather Tab

Nice addition! Congrats! Any markings under the prong bar???
    Looks very nice - with just the right amount of wear!
    Rob

Nice buckle, is the tab loose on the buckle or in your opinion has it been restitched at some point? The tab should face the other way with this maker ie the makers mark should face upwards towards the face of the buckle
    Ben

?

Quote by lach470 View Post
    Nice addition! Congrats! Any markings under the prong bar???
    Looks very nice - with just the right amount of wear!
    Rob
    Thanks Rob, see for yourself pictures of the markings. I have no idea what they mean. thanks, Al.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stamped Aluminium Heer Buckle w/ Leather Tab   Stamped Aluminium Heer Buckle w/ Leather Tab  

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Nice buckle, is the tab loose on the buckle or in your opinion has it been restitched at some point? The tab should face the other way with this maker ie the makers mark should face upwards towards the face of the buckle
    Hi Ben, yes the tab is loose. The stitching came apart. The tab was reversed when I got it. I kept it that way because the curve of the tab helps the buckle stand up on the display shelf. Maybe it's not original to the buckle, no way of knowing I guess. Thanks, Al.

No Al, the tab is perfect for the buckle, it just came loose at some point and whoever put the tab the wrong way round thats all, but the tab matches the buckle 100%
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    No Al, the tab is perfect for the buckle, it just came loose at some point and whoever put the tab the wrong way round thats all, but the tab matches the buckle 100%
    Excellent, I'm glad to hear that. Thanks, Al.