Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Steel Heer buckle?

Article about: Hi folks. Buckles aren't my thing really & I'd appreciate your help on this one. It's turned up in a shop near me. It doesn't instil me with confidence of being genuine. I've looked thro

Default Steel Heer buckle?

Hi folks. Buckles aren't my thing really & I'd appreciate your help on this one. It's turned up in a shop near me. It doesn't instil me with confidence of being genuine. I've looked through the database's & am none the wiser. These are the only pics I could get & the stamp in the leather is poor, sorry. Stewy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steel Heer buckle?   Steel Heer buckle?  

Attached Images Attached Images Steel Heer buckle? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Steel Heer buckle?
    P
    Many

The buckle is original but in bad condition, it is Heinrich Arld made

Thank you, it might not be as bad as the pics make it look. The face has a little surface rust, but as an occasional buckle collector nothing I couldn't live with. It is the entire leather belt & buckle. I'm not sure what I should pay for it & I won't be asking here openly as I don't believe in using the site for valuations/appraisals etc. Kind regards, Stewy

But the buckle obverse has been buffed and it has lost all the paint coat, IMO the buckle price without belt is under $60-70

As Ivan says Stewy, original buckle by H Arld, look at the eagle
    Ben

Thanks Ivan & Ben, much appreciated. Ben this is the one I PM'd you about, now I've a rough idea of value & I know the price he has in mind. It may be worth a punt. Stewy

Just an update, I made the bloke an offer & it will be mine soon. Belts in real good nick & I've had a result!
    @ Ben, got it for the price I said I'd offer him. Cheers mucker, Stewy

Good one Stewy, I shall await the pics
    Ben