Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Steel Heer Buckle

Article about: Hello folks. In line with the other thread, I'm looking at a piece that will ultimately become part of a webbing setup. I found this steel Heer buckle with its leather tab, and wanted to be

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    So, would this be a good one to pull the trigger on? There's something about this buckle that appeals to me, though I can't say what. Just something about the good honest level of wear.

If all is good, this will be part of the leather webbing setup I'm planning on buying tomorrow.

Regards, B.B.
    I don't see a problem with this one, the stitching on the tab is still intact and there appears to be genuine wear to the buckle.

Please don't refer to these equipment straps and y-straps as "webbing", as that is something different altogether, it throws me off every time I read that.

Here is my 43 dated E.Schneider. Ludenscheid buckle originally painted silver that I acquired for my father's Panzer display setup.
    Ralph.

Steel Heer Buckle
    Steel Heer Buckle
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Steel Heer Buckle
    P
    Many

Apologies. I do try to avoid the term 'webbing', as it seems counter-intuitive when referring to leather equipment. I suppose a term like 'equipment straps' would make more sense.

Yours is a nice one! The bright silvering is a very attractive look. On closer inspection, the one I'm looking at appears to have the same 'ES' marking on the reverse, so presumably the date of the buckle will reveal itself when it shows up on my doorstep.

Many thanks for the assistance! After yesterday's scare with the tunic, I've been somewhat scared into a state of paranoid cautiousness.

Regards, B.B.

?

For comparison, here is a Luftwaffe 1942 E Schneider. Note the different maker stamp under the prong bar.

Ernst Schneider - 1942

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2