Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Steel Heer buckles with Aluminium Hooks?

Article about: Hello, guys! Just got two such buckles, they are relics from Kurland and I would think that it is field repair, but as two were found, I don't think so. How it can be explained? Factory stil

Default Steel Heer buckles with Aluminium Hooks?

Hello, guys!

Just got two such buckles, they are relics from Kurland and I would think that it is field repair, but as two were found, I don't think so. How it can be explained? Factory still had aluminium hooks, but run out of aluminium buckles and had only steel ones?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steel Heer buckles with Aluminium Hooks?   Steel Heer buckles with Aluminium Hooks?  

Steel Heer buckles with Aluminium Hooks?   Steel Heer buckles with Aluminium Hooks?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Steel Heer buckles with Aluminium Hooks?
    P
    Many

?

These buckles are in such poor condition... The first has the appearance of "Aurich" catch ... But the front looks like a "Bat-Man " The second is beyond my scope of identification..... These are just my opinions. Perhaps Ben can weigh in on these.... Good luck... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    These buckles are in such poor condition... The first has the appearance of "Aurich" catch ... But the front looks like a "Bat-Man " The second is beyond my scope of identification..... These are just my opinions. Perhaps Ben can weigh in on these.... Good luck... G
    Thanks for answer. Condition actually is very good for relics, but the most interesting question is why aluminium parts are mixed with steel ones, never seen that before.

?

Not sure what to say... I personally do not check my buckles for metal content..
    Here are a few that resemble aluminum "Prong Sleeves"..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steel Heer buckles with Aluminium Hooks?   Steel Heer buckles with Aluminium Hooks?  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Aluminium catches were used to "use them up" as not to waste them before they bought in the steel ones. Both are original, the first buckle I am not too sure and could only make a guess the second buckle is an Assmann made buckle, look mat the prongs ears and catch
    Ben

BTW I am at work at mo or I would post examples for you, look though the Heer makers thread, you will find a few in there
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    BTW I am at work at mo or I would post examples for you, look though the Heer makers thread, you will find a few in there
    Thank You, Ben!