Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts of new purchase - tropical belt & buckle

Article about: Here is an example of post war non period stitching it may help

?

Default Thoughts of new purchase - tropical belt & buckle

Hi Guys,

I am buying this tropical belt and would like to get yours opinion about it. Looks good to me but I am no expert in these belts/buckles.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts of new purchase - tropical belt & buckle   Thoughts of new purchase - tropical belt & buckle  

Thoughts of new purchase - tropical belt & buckle   Thoughts of new purchase - tropical belt & buckle  

Thoughts of new purchase - tropical belt & buckle   Thoughts of new purchase - tropical belt & buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts of new purchase - tropical belt & buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Thoughts of new purchase - tropical belt & buckle

At least buckle seems to be OK. I do not say that the belt is not, just I do have enough knowledge.

?

Okay thanks for pointing that out. I also think the buckle look just fine. Any tropic expert who can say something about the belt?

Alex the buckle is fine, the belt I going to have to study, it has good points, bad points and odd points lol
    Ben

?

Ben, are you afraid the belt could be a repro? I haven't made the payment yet but I am supposed to do so sometime during today.
    Cheers
    Alex

Hi Alex, my only concern with the webbing belt would be the stitching to the leather which looks a bit untidy: I suspect that is Ben's concern too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

At the moment from the pics I am trying to figure out if the belt has been used a lot and is sin bleached or it has had little use and near mint. If near mint the leather tongue does match the condition of the belt, also like Ade if it has been worn the stitching is very white this is not a problem if mint. Hope this all makes sense, maybe just the pictures!
    Ben

Alex if you need an answer on this for me I would say 80% original 20% not, to be really sure I would need real close up shots of the stitching to see if its three ply. Sorry I am not much help on this one. But from the comments from all round I think most guys think its good
    Ben

?

Thanks for your opinion Ben. The belt looks sure like it havent been used. I will try to ask the seller for some better close up pictures of the stitching.

Alex, have a look at the stitching original stitching is three ply thread, have a look at this tab, probably the best close up pic I have of the thread. It is a single thread that is made up of of three separate threads (hope this all makes sense) might give you a heads up
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts of new purchase - tropical belt & buckle  
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast