MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A trio of Right facing birds!

Article about: I had to do this, three right facing early buckles, from the very start with a Tunnerbund conversion, to a Nickel variety and then to the later the aluminium one , three stages of a early bu

Default A trio of Right facing birds!

I had to do this, three right facing early buckles, from the very start with a Tunnerbund conversion, to a Nickel variety and then to the later the aluminium one , three stages of a early buckle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A trio of Right facing birds!   A trio of Right facing birds!  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A trio of Right facing birds!
    P
    Many

Default Re: A trio of Right facing birds!

These are great Ben!

I have often hoped to pick one of these up from a dealer who had perhaps not noticed which way the eagle was facing.

I expect these sell for a premium?

Cheers, Ade.

Ade, Dave did that exact thing, he paid $60 on the WAF, the bloke did not know what he had, these are expensive mate, especially the nickel ones
    Ben

?

ahh heres my little bargain just need a few more now to catch up with your crackers, cheers dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A trio of Right facing birds!   A trio of Right facing birds!  

A trio of Right facing birds!  

Hi Ben, another question for you.

Do these buckles all come in this same construction format?

Cheers, Ade.

PS: Nice one Dave

Sort of Ade, like other buckles there different variants out there, the nickel ones tend to differ quite alot, the aluminium two piece ones are quite standard and the Tunnerbund conversions even have different ways of construction, I will enclose two different rears for example
    Ben

Here you go Ade, the one with what looks like a cross cut out is rarely seldom seen

Ben

Dan D
    ?

Ben -

Very nice Turnerbund conversion as well as the other right facing Heers; very difficult to find conversion buckles now a days.

Here are few from my collection. You will notice one 45mm and two 40mm. The 40's are without box ears. Now these babies are tough to find. All "right facing", even though in limited production in 1935 and early 1936, were private purchased and to be worn with a black belt as a walking out uniform only.

Dan

Nice pieces Dan,and like you say hard birds to come by BTW nice to see you here mate
    Ben

Hi guys! Great buckles. I have one of each: a 45 and a 40....Here's the 45 example first....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast