Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Trying to determine manufacturer of M4 marked buckle

Article about: Greetings, Before I start, I would just like to say what a great forum this is. OK, Here goes... . I recently received an M4 Wehrnacht belt buckle from a friend of the family. Her father who

Default Trying to determine manufacturer of M4 marked buckle

Greetings,

Before I start, I would just like to say what a great forum this is.

OK, Here goes... . I recently received an M4 Wehrnacht belt buckle from a friend of the family. Her father who was a non-comm in US Army intelligence and participated in the campaigns of Normandy, Ardennes, Northern France, and Germany got a hold of the buckle during the German campaign. I have no doubt about its authenticity. However, I would like to know who the manufacturer was.

The markings on the back are a little difficult to read but I believe the letters are D C F & Co 42. I've researched this forum and Wehrmacht-awards.com to no avail and was wondering if anyone of you might have an idea of who /where this company was.

I am attaching several photos to aid in your recognition.

Many thanks in advance in helping me unravel this mystery.

Cheers!

MikeTrying to determine manufacturer of M4 marked buckleTrying to determine manufacturer of M4 marked buckleTrying to determine manufacturer of M4 marked buckleTrying to determine manufacturer of M4 marked buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Trying to determine manufacturer of M4 marked buckle
    P
    Many

Default re: Trying to determine manufacturer of M4 marked buckle

Hi there and welcome very nice buckle by Dr Franke & Co given license number M4/23, have a look in the M4 makers thread, you find more examples of this maker in there
    Ben

Ben,

Thank you so very much. Being a newbie, I had already checked your excellent Maker Profiles and Non M4 Maker threads but was drawing a blank on the Dr. Franke part.
    That is most excellent news!

Love this site!

Cheers!

Mike

Mike, your welcome mate, Dr Franke on page 1 M4 makers list
    Ben

Interestingly, the company still exists and is still in the metal working business.

dr-franke-umformtechnik - Home

There are quite a few that still exist, I believe Richard Seiper is now a toy maker!
    Ben