Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two slightly unusual Heer buckles

Article about: Guido, very nice and interesting buckles. Specially the belgian made WH is outstanding. I have never seen such a one before. Thanks for showing, Thomas

?

Default Two slightly unusual Heer buckles

Hi all!

I would like to introduce these two Heer buckles, wich I came across in the last weeks.

The one without tab was bought once again as a copy.

Best regards,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two slightly unusual Heer buckles   Two slightly unusual Heer buckles  

Two slightly unusual Heer buckles   Two slightly unusual Heer buckles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two slightly unusual Heer buckles
    P
    Many

Default Re: Two slightly unusual Heer buckles

Interesting buckles, Guido. As far as the one that you purchased as a copy, perhaps we can point out the features that identify it as such for my own education and other newer collectors. Just by my eyes, a couple points might seem to be the sharp-pointed prongs and the rather thin-footed catch. Otherwise, it would seem to me a very good copy and it does not appear to have the immediate red flag "pigeon" or "budgie" head.

Best,
    Adam

Guido, that is quite scary to me, what a damn good copy from the front, looks like a Noelle & Hueck/B Harmann eagle, from the rear has Assmann characteristics Love the early Schmole & Comp, I wonder if Dransfeld merged with S&C or bought buckles from them? I know Schmole & Comp had been supplying buckles way before the TR era. Compare that S&C to this Dransfeld, look at the eagles beak
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two slightly unusual Heer buckles   Two slightly unusual Heer buckles  

Two slightly unusual Heer buckles  
    Ben

?

Adam, at first I have to send ahead: The untabbed buckle is an original!
    Sorry for my little puzzle.
    It was made from zinc or zinc alloy and it is unknown to me who the maker is, but some say that it must be a Belgian production. You will find also Luftwaffe, Black Brigade and Werkschutz Reitz buckles with the same features. I have attached a Black Brigade buckle with similar features for comparison.

Ben, yes indeed! Early alu Dransfeld and Schmöle Heer buckles are very similar in their eagle design. That is what I also always thought. I have no clue how these companies could be associated! Imaginable that they had perhaps the same engraver for their original dies? Who knows! If I remember rightly there must be a third company from Menden and its environs, wich used this particular design.
    Have you noted, by the way, the unusual catch of this buckle?

Best regards,
    Guido

I have never seen a Reitz buckle with this quality Guido, it has the pin head of a Reitz or even a RODO, the pebbled back of an Assmann, the buckle for me is an enigma and if original a first!
    Ben

?

Ben, you can dig out a few similar examples of these Belgian made buckles in several forums.

The Heer buckle was produced in two colours: silver and field grey

Please note these small curls at the bottom of the letters. Have you seen such a funny detail on any other Heer buckle?

Best regards,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two slightly unusual Heer buckles  

Very nice Guido and very unique! I wonder why they made these Heer buckles to a real good quality yet the other buckles they produced were really quite Mickey Mouse, maybe as a combat buckle it had to be stronger to with withstand the rigours of battle?
    Ben

?

Ben, I am unsure if these Belgian buckles were ever produced for combat purposes.
    I would say zinc is generally not a proper material for heavy use and I know apart from these molded SS buckles no other zinc combat buckles.

Regards,
    Guido

?

im not sure if this helps , it doesnt have the pebbled background but here you go anyway.
    ~Dean

Dean, many thanks mate but the buckle you have shown mate is a pigeon head fake, sorry
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast