Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unmarked Heer Buckle

Article about: Greeting to all, as a new member here! Annoyed from this ads?   Would appreciate any thoughts as far as the maker of this unmarked Heer buckle in steel. Well worn and looks to be a comb

Default Unmarked Heer Buckle

Greeting to all, as a new member here!

Would appreciate any thoughts as far as the maker of this unmarked Heer buckle in steel. Well worn and looks to be a combat veteran. About 35% of what looks to be the original green paint remains. Someone also had a go at defacing/removing the swastika. From looking at the reference threads and photographs within this forum I'm thinking that Bernhard Haarmann of Lüdenscheid is a possibility but looking for the experts' opinions here. Tried to take some pics to show adequate detail. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated ......

Unmarked Heer Buckle

Reverse:

Unmarked Heer Buckle

Eagle Details:

Unmarked Heer Buckle
    Last edited by kriegsmodell; 08-30-2014 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Revised the photographs attached.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Heer Buckle
    P
    Many

?

I believe the maker might be C.W. Motz.

been denazified.shame.

Quote by Erno View Post
    I believe the maker might be C.W. Motz.
    Try again, look at the rear, the catch and the ears, you have seen these buckles lots of times before, especially the ears, it will give you the maker
    Ben

Hello mate and welcome to the forum, nice original buckle which has sadly been de nazified, this buckle here will tell you who made your buckle (This is for Erno to learn )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Heer Buckle  
    Attached Images Attached Images Unmarked Heer Buckle 
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Try again, look at the rear, the catch and the ears, you have seen these buckles lots of times before, especially the ears, it will give you the maker
    Schmöle & Comp.? I thought of that at first, but all of those I've seen were marked. The eagle looks almost the same on Schmöle, Motz and Maedicke.

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Hello mate and welcome to the forum, nice original buckle which has sadly been de nazified, this buckle here will tell you who made your buckle (This is for Erno to learn )
    Ohhh, that is surprising! The eagle looks strange for an Overhoff, but it makes more sense from the back.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Ohhh, that is surprising! The eagle looks strange for an Overhoff, but it makes more sense from the back.
    Ben

Just for reference
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Heer Buckle   Unmarked Heer Buckle  

Ben

Thanks for the welcome and the responses regarding the buckle. Much appreciated!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast