Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wehrmacht, Al

Article about: Hello, friends! Its original or fake? Thanks.

Default Wehrmacht, Al

Hello, friends!
    Its original or fake?
    Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht, Al   Wehrmacht, Al  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht, Al
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wehrmacht, Al

Nice early buckle maker probably Dransfeld & Co or Schmole & Comp (Both companies merged or traded at some point anyway) You will often find buckles with that eagle with tabs with either Dransfeld or Schole & Comp on. Have a look at the M4 makers thread and Non M4 makers thread, there are examples in there if interested.
    Ben

Thank you, Ben!

Also to note HCH Schwerter of Menden is also probably in with the other two makers, I am just waiting to see a nice buckle that is not worn, the one I had was too worn to tell. Anyone got a nice aluminium HCH Schwerter buckle to show?
    Ben

This buckle is actually a very scarce pattern. It is a transitional buckle from the Reichscheer to the Wehrmacht. Please note the construction which is very likely nickel/silver and the catch construction. It is identical to the Reichscheer style.These are very tough to find. Note the pebbling on the front. Only found on Reichscheer and aluminum pebbled Wehrmacht combat buckles, which I believe Ben was referring too. He is correct but this is not that buckle. I hope I have explained this so it is understood.

Bill

Wehrmacht, AlWehrmacht, Al

Here is a photo of a Reichscheer EM buckle. Please note the similarities to your buckle.

?

Bill,

I am used to own such a buckle, but my one is completely made from aluminium. I assume the buckle shown above is also not made from nickle silver as already stated in the headline: "Wehrmacht, Al ".

@russtyle: Can you please confirm the material of the buckle!

Best,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht, Al   Wehrmacht, Al  

Guido,

Are you saying that the buckle that you show is in fact aluminum??If so that is also quite amazing. I have two Reicsheer buckles made from aluminum but they are two piece buckles-i.e. with four tabs holding on the face plate. . I have never seen a one piece in aluminum. Your buckle also has a Reichscheer tab attached to it (note the "B") that is also on most of my Reichscheer buckles. In either case I still contend that both your buckle and the first one shown for comment are in fact transitional buckles using available boxes from Reeichsheer buckles. Still very tough bucxkles to find.

Bill

?

Yes Bill, I can assure that my example is made from aluminium!!

I am also of your opinion that these buckles are most probably transitional pieces, the date on the leather support tab also indicates that.

I assume that the additional cyphers ("B" and "4") are in this case particular Schmöle stampings. I noticed these, if I remember correct, only on Schmöle marked tabs (Reichsheer/ Reichsmarine or Wehrmacht Heer).

Further we know a one piece/ die stamped aluminium Reichswehr buckle. But it is in my eyes not a buckle for service. Unfortunately I do not have one of these in my collection but perhaps one of my collector friends could chime in here.

Best,
    Guido

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast