Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Wehrmacht Heer

Article about: Christ, \\$1000!? Then again, \\$1000/\\$2000/\\$3000+ sometimes seems a bargain for helmets (my chosen field). It's funny how we have conditioned ourselves to pay small fortunes for this old sh*t

Default Re: Wehrmacht Heer

Christ, $1000!? Then again, $1000/$2000/$3000+ sometimes seems a bargain for helmets (my chosen field). It's funny how we have conditioned ourselves to pay small fortunes for this old sh*t

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht Heer
    P
    Many

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Mmmm Heer buckles, my favourite lol a couple of them look very familiar!!!
    Yes, birds on the world before landed in the nests did some flying

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Mint Aluminium ones are fetching silly money now, around the $1000 mark even more!
    Yes, it is true.

Quote by kirby View Post
    I could see a dealer asking $1000 but I can't see a collector paying that much. A mint RS&S kriegsmarine I can see bring $1000+ but not a mint pebbled Heer.
    Aluminum buckle of Wehrmacht in minty a rare thing. Therefore such price.

I have watched the market for years on Heer buckles guys, if a mint alu heer buckle comes along I will guarentee you will pay through the nose for it
    Ben

?

I only remember seeing one mint aluminum Heer at the last SOS. I have one close to mint one so I don't pay much attention to them. Some of the buckles on my top 20 want list are 1000+ but this has never been buckle that I had to have at any cost.

Would a 42 dated Heer be aluminum?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Would a 42 dated Heer be aluminum?
    To answer your question no, the latest Aluminium buckle I have seen is 1940, after that they were all steel. The order came out in 1939 to make buckle out of steel due to the expense of the aluminium ones and the alu ones also wore quickly under combat conditions due to being a soft metal. The 1940 ones were proabably the last batch and most only have that date due to the tab on them.
    Ben

?

The aluminum ones have a pebbled field and they lose their paint much faster than the steel buckles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht Heer   Wehrmacht Heer  

Bummer, guess I'm not running out to get that one, lol. Thanks for the info. Would a minty steel buckle with tab go for under $100?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast