Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WH belt and buckle

Article about: Hello i have question about this belt, only luftwaffe used brown belts ?

Default WH belt and buckle

Hello i have question about this belt, only luftwaffe used brown belts ?
    WH belt and buckle
    WH belt and buckle
    WH belt and buckle
    WH belt and buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WH belt and buckle
    P
    Many

I suppose as a general rule of thumb yes, the Heer used brown belts early in the war but these were polished with black shoe polish to turn them black, later on in the war I believe there was an order to dye them black until they started to issue them black. maybe if Wim Saris reads this thread he will have something written down in the archives he has. What exactly does the writing on the belt say?
    Ben

Its looks like II.A.K.R.2

There's another thread somewhere one this website that states that the holes in your belt were either drilled out, or cut out post war, or during the war.Ditto with Mr. Ben.

Perhaps we should wait for more people to comment and see what the answer could be.

Warm Regards,

Justin

?

I have a similar belt. I didn't know if the gent that wore it put on some weight and had to extend it, But considering that times and food got tighter as the war progressed , I just wasn't sure if it was reissued to a fatter guy or what?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

@AZPhil

Just recently came across a store that was selling a Heer belt and buckle that measured 56' in total.
    Maybe at the end of the war, they decided to eat more than usual.

Warm Regards,

Justin

?

Quote by justino2263 View Post
    @AZPhil

Just recently came across a store that was selling a Heer belt and buckle that measured 56' in total.
    Maybe at the end of the war, they decided to eat more than usual.

Warm Regards,

Justin

Really
    From what I have researched. They were starving at the end not eating more.
    etc. Ersatz bread , coffee and horse meat. Its not sounding like they had a smorgasbord feast going on in 1944-45
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Huh. In The Fuhrerbunker they were "Fine dining" of sorts... or so I read.

The other soldiers fighting Russians, I can't say the same thing at all. Hopefully their families had left, and were able to survive... Hopefully.

Warm Regards,

Justin