Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who made this Heer buckle?

Article about: by Ben Evans Just a theory on the grey paint, if you look at DAK officer buckles they are painted a dark green colour, what about that grey painted officer buckles were field issue buckles a

ww2fotos
    ?

Default Who made this Heer buckle?

Who made this Heer buckle?Who made this Heer buckle? I was wondering if anybody can tell me who made this buckle just by the construction? And the back is painted gray. What does that mean? I ask because of the several other Heer Officer's buckles I have, all of them are natural Aluminum, with NO paint on them. Thanks
    Last edited by ww2fotos; 12-25-2010 at 06:39 AM.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Who made this Heer buckle?

I have never collected Officer buckles, just EM so sorry mate I have no idea, maybe another member might know for you!
    Ben

ww2fotos
    ?

Does anybody know?

I know that Assmann made alot of these buckles
    Ben

ww2fotos
    ?

I am wondering why it is painted gray, when the others I own are natural Aluminum? Any ideas?

?

Quote by ww2fotos View Post
    I am wondering why it is painted gray, when the others I own are natural Aluminum? Any ideas?
    No idea who the maker is but I have one a lot like it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who made this Heer buckle?   Who made this Heer buckle?  

ww2fotos
    ?

I still wonder why one out of 3 is painted gray. It looks like yours is also painted gray. That indicates to me (perhaps incorrectly) that a specific firm made these. I have one made by Assmann, and it is different. The round piece in the back, that is used to form the catch is MUCH smaller on the Assmann.

Do you think it could have been made by Overhoff? just looking at the make up of the buckle!
    Ben

ww2fotos
    ?

I have no idea who made it. I wish somebody would tell me why it is painted gray - when the others I have are not. I have a feeling that would tell me who made it.

Just a theory on the grey paint, if you look at DAK officer buckles they are painted a dark green colour, what about that grey painted officer buckles were field issue buckles and the non painted version were for parades? Just food for thought!
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast