Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A "Blue" HJ

Article about: Attached are images of perhaps an interesting steel HJ buckle. Appearing to be with a factory finished Luftwaffe "blue". Makers mark as M4/23 (for Dr. Franke und Cie. KG., Lüdensch

Default A "Blue" HJ

Attached are images of perhaps an interesting steel HJ buckle.

Appearing to be with a factory finished Luftwaffe "blue".

Makers mark as M4/23 (for Dr. Franke und Cie. KG., Lüdenscheid).

Comments as always welcome.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A "Blue" HJ
    P
    Many

Default Re: A "Blue" HJ

Hi David, interesting buckle, do you think the blue is period applied? I have never seen a HJ buckle this colour before? Also have you ever seen any others this colour? (or any other colour)
    Ben

interesting finish on this buckle,,,i have never encountered this on an HJ one before

Hi,
    the buckle looks like it,s been gunblued, this will make the same colour when it is worn a little.
    hope this helps.
    dave.

Cannot really add much more to this quite puzzling buckle. I must admit that my first thoughts were the same as Dave, insofar as the steel had been gun blued. It is however a painted finish and I am sure that it has been period and factory applied. The slight saving grace is the maker as Franke. This company I know produced some strange colour HJ's to include various shades of grey and green. Never however seen one in blue though. I bought the buckle at a standard HJ price, rather than say at an inflated price for a so called "ultra rare" HJ Flak or HJ Marine. Can anyone show a blue painted steel Luftwaffe buckle by Franke?

Regards,

David

What a great looking HJ.....very unique indeed - and a first for me also. I'd love to hear what Chad W. would have to say about this. I don't have a M4/23 LW to show....I'm sure someone out there has one though! Interesting thread for sure!
    COOL!

Rob