Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

"Double" Maker Marked HJ Buckles

Article about: this seventh buckle is an HJ 2 piece buckle which is maker marked for Overhoff and B&N. markings are RZM 36 and RZM M/4/27. the Overhoff mark appears to have been added secondarily. This

Default Re: "Double" Maker Marked HJ Buckles

this seventh buckle is an HJ 2 piece buckle which is maker marked for Overhoff and B&N. markings are RZM 36 and RZM M/4/27. the Overhoff mark appears to have been added secondarily. This buckle has an Overhoff eagle

"Double" Maker Marked HJ Buckles"Double" Maker Marked HJ Buckles"Double" Maker Marked HJ Buckles

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Double" Maker Marked HJ Buckles
    P
    Many

lastly this eighth buckle is an HJ zinc buckle which has had its markes ground off and restamped for the new maker. The original marking was RZM m4/24 (Freidrich Linden) and the new marking is RZM M4/45 (Cramer & Dornbach)

"Double" Maker Marked HJ Buckles"Double" Maker Marked HJ Buckles"Double" Maker Marked HJ Buckles

I hope that this thread blossoms, although I have no more buckles to add.

Two immediate points that have really made an impression to myself at least are:-

* 2 buckles shown with differing Overhoff marks stamped to the claws
    * buckles shown with differing combinations of makers markings from the "usual" Assmann/Overhoff

Regards,

David

Hello All,

Just bumping this favorite thread of mine with a new addition to my collection. As also shown by Chad, here is a double maker marked buckle with RZM UE 71 Overhoff prongs. I would venture a guess that the presence Overhoff markings on the claws + the Overhoff marking on the lip + the Overhoff design = this buckle being mostly attributed to Overhoff. Perhaps Assmann supplied blank marked boxes to Overhoff who then stamped, struck and assembled? I suppose we may never know but just conjecture.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Double" Maker Marked HJ Buckles   "Double" Maker Marked HJ Buckles  

"Double" Maker Marked HJ Buckles   "Double" Maker Marked HJ Buckles  

?

Here is my example I picked up at the 11 SOS.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Double" Maker Marked HJ Buckles   "Double" Maker Marked HJ Buckles  

"Double" Maker Marked HJ Buckles   "Double" Maker Marked HJ Buckles  

?

Recently saw one of these for sale for a really good price, found this thread and decided to pick it up. Interesting buckle, and any ideas why no RZM mark like most HJ buckles?
    Jeff

"Double" Maker Marked HJ Buckles  

Hello Jeff,

Nice buckle. These solid nickel buckles were the earliest type of proper HJ buckle and pre-dated the introduction of RZM marking in 1934. While marked for both the Assmann & Overhoff companies, your buckle's roundel design is commonly associated with Overhoff. No one's certain what the early relationship was between the two companies, but one theory is that Assmann could have supplied the box to Overhoff who then completed it with their design.

A good addition to any buckle collection in my eyes.

Best,
    Adam

?

Agree Adam, nice addition and surprisingly affordable considering their uniqueness
    Jeff

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3