Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Early youth buckle?

Article about: I've never seen this style youth buckle, any opinions? Thanks, Dean.

?

Default Early youth buckle?

I've never seen this style youth buckle, any opinions?
    Thanks,
    Dean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early youth buckle?   Early youth buckle?  

Early youth buckle?   Early youth buckle?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early youth buckle?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early youth buckle?

I'm far from an expert, and the knowledgeable guys will no doubt be along in a bit, but the three solder spots in a row, is that not a bit of a no-no?

?

I'm not sure Lenny. I believe it's a pre-TR piece. Possibly Weimar youth? It almost resembles the construction of imperial buckles I've seen.

Just checked Angolia, Page 298 identifies this as National Banner Youth, Reichsbanner Youth, the youth organisation of the Social Democratic Party, SPD, which was in strong oposition to the NSDAP. Introduced in the late 20's, it was prohibited in 1933.

Is it not the case that three solder points are normally in a triangle? I'm sure some of the books warn against three in a row. (as it were) However, as I said I'm not an expert on buckles... The one in Angolia has two metal tabs coming through centre hole of buckle and soldered top and bottom. So, I'm stumped then... Maybe some of the more experienced guys can comment on the three in a row?

?

Thanks Lenny. As for the three solder marks, I'm not sure. Possibly it's from a diff maker than the angolia version. Just a guess.
    Cheers,
    Dean.
    -UPDATE-
    After looking at the first image closely , I noticed the shield is a separate piece from the wreath circle. This may be the reason there is a third solder mark, so it can hold the center piece. Just a theory.

?

Run away from any three hole buckle with the holes are in a row. You will find some three hole imperial buckles but they are in a triangle not in a row. You might want to study the sticky threads on repo buckles here and on WAF. You can also search the net for reproduction German buckles.

As Kirby as already stated, buckle is a fake, the three solder points in a line and the crude cut prongs, dead give away
    Ben

shame Ben,it looked a nice buckle to.

I would never have guessed this was repro if not for those three solder marks, the quality of the reproduction (on the front) is quite good.

Sad but true I'm afraid
    Ben