Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fair values on three buckles?

Article about: Would you check my buckles and give me an honest assessment of their value? I may have to post them for sale...not something I really want to do. If there is a service or seller who will buy

Default Fair values on three buckles?

Would you check my buckles and give me an honest assessment of their value? I may have to post them for sale...not something I really want to do. If there is a service or seller who will buy them, they are on the market.

1. Is this a real 4/38?

2. Please check this unmarked buckle for authenticity

3. Please check this 4/79 for authenticity

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fair values on three buckles?
    P
    Many

Look on dealer websites for similar buckles and take some off for a private sale, HJ buckles for for around $80-120 some even more dependant on condition, makers marks, rarity etc
    Ben

I always say this as I believe that an item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, I once paid over $200 for a really worn Heer buckle but the maker was at that time a one off, not worth the money but it was to me, hope this makes sense?
    Ben

Thanks for the comment. I think I've figured out how to post an auction. I put up a book. Very nice feature!

As far as the buckles go, I sit and stare at them only to vote myself in favor of not selling them. it's *my struggle.*

Quote by Retsiger View Post
    Would you check my buckles and give me an honest assessment of their value? I may have to post them for sale...not something I really want to do. If there is a service or seller who will buy them, they are on the market.

1. Is this a real 4/38?

2. Please check this unmarked buckle for authenticity

3. Please check this 4/79 for authenticity

post them in the For Sale section. Advertising items for sale in a thread is not allowed.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I'm sad to see this. The M4/38 are common and quite worn but the other two are cool and not seen every day. Ben gave you good advice

In the end, I hope that you can keep them and even chasing more buckles to your collection

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    I'm sad to see this. The M4/38 are common and quite worn but the other two are cool and not seen every day. Ben gave you good advice

In the end, I hope that you can keep them and even chasing more buckles to your collection
    The buckles are safe! No selling for me. I sold a kidney instead. jk

I am growing fond of these pieces.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    post them in the For Sale section. Advertising items for sale in a thread is not allowed.
    I posted a book already. That auction feature is amazing. I've never seen that in a forum before!