MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Fake HJ buckle from the original form ?

Article about: Hi guys! I found a Swedish repro site today and the seller claims that he has newly produced HJ and SS buckles from the original forms!! The HJ is a M4/23 . The pictures on the site are awfu

Default Newly produced HJ buckle from the original form ?

Hi guys! I found a Swedish repro site today and the seller claims that he has newly produced HJ and SS buckles from the original forms!! The HJ is a M4/23 . The pictures on the site are awful but can it really be the original form???

He do not try to fool anyone, he is clear with this is new, but with "museum standard" and produced from the original maker form.
    Another bizarre thing is that he wants about 90 USD for the buckle.

Last edited by Wewelsburg; 12-06-2015 at 10:13 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake HJ buckle from the original form ?
    P
    Many

He also has a Luftschutz buckle from the "original form"

Does it look like a period one?
    Bad pic but still better than that one the HJ.

If you are trying to say was there an original version of this then the answer is yes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake HJ buckle from the original form ?   Fake HJ buckle from the original form ?  

Ben

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    He also has a Luftschutz buckle from the "original form"

Does it look like a period one?
    Bad pic but still better than that one the HJ.
    Search the forum there is a thread on this one, if I get time I will try and find it
    Ben

OK, It was maybe hard to understand what I asked, I was so terrified and got panic! I was wondering if there is a chance that there is a original form in the wrong hands?

If so,they look exactly the same but are new, that is a catastrophe. Then we may have a load of newly produced M4/23 out there which is sold as period ones..

Or am I not thinking straight here??

It's not a good thing. But is he showing pics of an original, or is it one of the repros? We need good pics of the actual repros to analyze and identify them .

?

David North posted this photo of real v fake. The fake is smaller so if original molds were used they should be the same size.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake HJ buckle from the original form ?  

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    OK, It was maybe hard to understand what I asked, I was so terrified and got panic! I was wondering if there is a chance that there is a original form in the wrong hands?

If so,they look exactly the same but are new, that is a catastrophe. Then we may have a load of newly produced M4/23 out there which is sold as period ones..

Or am I not thinking straight here??
    Its just like the SS molded fakes, they are hard to spot but can be spotted, shame is they will fool some people, but these have ben for a while anyway
    Ben