Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

H J Conversion and other

Article about: Found this very nice DJ/HJ conversion at the SOS. Love the markings with the KH the RZM and the Steinhauer & Luck logo.

?

Default H J Conversion and other

Found this very nice DJ/HJ conversion at the SOS. Love the markings with the KH the RZM and the Steinhauer & Luck logo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture H J Conversion and other   H J Conversion and other  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement H J Conversion and other
    P
    Many

Default Re: H J Conversion and other

Nice buckle Kirby and with nice markings, was there much for sale at the show?
    Ben

?

A couple of nice nickle HJ from the show. A nice Assmann with interesting marking and a RZM 46 Wilhelm Schtoder & Cie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture H J Conversion and other   H J Conversion and other  

H J Conversion and other   H J Conversion and other  

H J Conversion and other  

The Assmann is unusual, I have never seen the RZM stamp stamped over the Assmann markings, nice buckle
    Ben

?

Last one is a minty tagged Steel Christian Theodor Dicke.

Very nice buckles, Kirby. The stars, of course, are the conversion and even more so the early Assmann trifecta marked HJ coupled with the large RZM 17...a marking rarely seen on HJs, DJs, and the "horizontal" swastika SA buckle. An otherwise common early solid nickel Assmann HJ but, in my opinion, made extremely rare and unusual with the addition of the large RZM 17. I'm sure any HJ collector (even perhaps the likes and ilk of Chad Williams ) would be envious of this particular buckle.

Attached are images of my St. u. L. marked DJ. I quite like this very "comprehensive" marking. Do you have a another image of the conversion roundel? Trying to identify conversion firm although I believe this is perhaps attributable to Overhoff.

Best,
    Adam

H J Conversion and other  

?

Nice DJ. The roundel on the new conversion has a raised ridge around the edge, so it raises higher than my other conversions. I can add better photos.

H J Conversion and other  

The presence of a raised roundel on this buckle (and perhaps on any DJ-HJ conversion) might well be indicative of and specific to Overhoff. One of my conversions which I have attached here has the same raised roundel and features the characteristic Overhoff design of eagle. This has also been the case with the other raised-roundel conversions I have come across. One difference with my conversion here is that the original DJ box by Assmann is steel... certainly not the norm for DJ's.

Best,
    Adam

H J Conversion and other