Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hitler Youth Buckle Comparison of Original to Possible Fake

Article about: Hey, all. I was sent these two sets of pictures by my friend who is somewhat knowledgable about Militaria, but by no means an expert. In his opinion, the 1st steel HJ buckle (2 pics) is prob

Default Re: Hitler Youth Buckle Comparison of Original to Possible Fake

Hi, guys. David, you're right...I wrote steel by accident even though my friend correctly identified it as aluminum. That makes a lot of sense about wear due to polishing and the general softness. Thanks for the opinions on the first buckle...I'll tell my friend who may then want to buy it for the $55.00 he saw it selling for. I think that price is probably fair due to the condition. Your buckle is very nice, David. I really like the high shine. I got this HJ buckle below here as a birthday gift. Parents got it through a dealer and so I think they probably overpaid, but it's a nice piece and I'm happy with it. It's more of a matte (silver spray?) finish on the steel. I believe it's a later-period example which is nice as the other HJ buckle I have is an earlier steel/nickle version. Cool discussion...thanks.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Buckle Comparison of Original to Possible Fake   Hitler Youth Buckle Comparison of Original to Possible Fake  

Hitler Youth Buckle Comparison of Original to Possible Fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Buckle Comparison of Original to Possible Fake
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler Youth Buckle Comparison of Original to Possible Fake

Adam

Thankyou for the brief explanation and now it all makes sense.

A superb condition steel HJ that you have shown and you are correct in your assumption that the finish is silver paint. Different makers employed different paint mixes and as such, there are buckle finishes varying from garishly bright to pleasantly subdued, silver/grey.

The maker as M4/46 being Wilhelm Schröder und Cie., Lüdenscheid and for the HJ buckle collector, perhaps an interesting manufacturer. The Schröder eagle is I think quite distinct by the design(attached is a photo merge image of yours and another), however the company is a great focus for those who wish to collect different styles of HJ's from a single maker.

Have a look at this past thread in connection with injection moulded aluminium HJ's.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...-buckles-9629/

Regards,

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2