Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Buckle

Article about: Hi folks. Does this look good? The seller is local, so I'm thinking about calling and driving out to look at it. This is the only photo I have. They say it has the RZM mark on it, and maker

Default HJ Buckle

Hi folks.

Does this look good? The seller is local, so I'm thinking about calling and driving out to look at it. This is the only photo I have.

They say it has the RZM mark on it, and maker m4/13. Looking at the fakes thread, I'm guessing I need to provide a photo of the back. I'll try to get that.

HJ Buckle

Many, many thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Buckle
    P
    Many

?

Even without seeing the back, I can tell you that it's a genuine buckle with about 99.9% certainty. It's a pretty safe bet, in my opinion. M4/13 is Paul Schumacher.

Thanks Erno. I called about it, and it turns out I just missed it. Shame, cause they only wanted $40 for it.

?

Well, there will be more deals about, but it's always frustrating to be just slightly too late.

By the way, most fake HJ buckles are made in painted steel. I believe the one you show here is nickel over steel.

Ah, okay. So the painted one's are the more likely culprits. I'll keep an eye out for those. Yeah, this one looked to be nickel. It hadn't been on Craigslist for more than 2 days. I've seen so much fake stuff on there, I gave up looking at the site much. But, thought I'd peek today and there was this buckle.

?

Quote by avenger View Post
    Ah, okay. So the painted one's are the more likely culprits. I'll keep an eye out for those. Yeah, this one looked to be nickel. It hadn't been on Craigslist for more than 2 days. I've seen so much fake stuff on there, I gave up looking at the site much. But, thought I'd peek today and there was this buckle.
    All of the fakes that I've seen so far are steel. Some are painted, and some are just raw steel. There are probably nickel fakes too, though. There isn't much that's not been faked.

Also, watch out for this fake design. It appears along with all sorts of fake markings, including transitional Assmann markings (which don't belong on a steel buckle). They are also made with a crank catch and Assmann markings, but it's not the Assmann-style crank catch.

HJ Buckle
    Source: Reproduction German WWII Steel Hitler Jugend (Youth) Belt Buckle

Sorry for hijacking this thread, by the way!

?

$40 would have been a good price but most HJ buckles are in the $50-100 range. DJ to HJ conversions, mint tagged buckles, gold finished and a few catch variation sell for more. I think Bill X posted a pebbled finished HJ a few years ago. I think that was a factory mistake but that might be the rarest HJ.