Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ buckle

Article about: A nice HJ buckle and the "Price" was right... A new addition to the HJ realm as RAD has dried up On a side note.. I still collect all sorts of buckles and my sights have turned on

?

Default HJ buckle

A nice HJ buckle and the "Price" was right... A new addition to the HJ realm as RAD has dried up
    On a side note.. I still collect all sorts of buckles and my sights have turned on RAD field equipment.. Canteens, Spaten & other period items.. I am all ways up for a trade.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ buckle   HJ buckle  

HJ buckle   HJ buckle  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ buckle
    P
    Many

?

Looks awesome. So is it cast brass with a nickle finish?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

VERY nice!....

Is that Chrome G? Also is a molded buckle? Hard to tell from the pics?
    Ben

Hi, wow, very nice and shiny front, kind of an ugly weird back.

?

I have read the sellers description and it seems plausible... German War Booty.. John has a great track record of items deemed "Original" and the return process.. I have been a patron several times before and trust his items.. If their are any concerns "Please" comment and I will return this piece immediately for something else..
    G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I'm not really getting the cold blueish tinge of chrome, could be nickel that's been nicely polished? Close ups reveals some rounded edges (not so much on the eagle) and filled pits as well as prechroming buffing marks? Maybe it is chrome? GI's chrome buckles like they did pistols?
    Last edited by Larboard; 10-31-2015 at 10:28 PM.

?

A nice looking buckle just hard to tell when it got the chrome finish. I have a couple in these in aluminum and some pot metal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ buckle   HJ buckle  

My opinion, the buckle is accurately polished and treated with some chemistry.

Hello,

yes Gentlemen . IMO the buckle is zinc with post war upgrading . First polished than with light silver coating and than chromed ..........

Typical polish features on frontside and also the scars in surface are not like factorie ..........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175