Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

hj buckle, not signed

Article about: Hello! Is it original hj bucke?is not signed..what is this producer? Regards, W.

Maybe it was Steinhauer & Luckhj buckle, not signed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement hj buckle, not signed
    P
    Many

Quote by zeppelin View Post
    Hello. I think this was the original buckle with a terrible repair, someone with a polished rope.
    The remains of the rope still visible on the photo.Attachment 1117162
    hj buckle, not signed

It s a tricky bugger to b sure! However it would of been die struck meaning if it were just repaired in one part or the other the details would still be visible on the reverse, clearly there is none, rope beading, fine stripes in between concentric rope circles, letters, eagle etc or otherwise it's just too sloppy and I'll defined imo. But like i said never say never. Best regards.

Brian

hj buckle, not signedhj buckle, not signed

I even considered a severely damaged/corroded aluminum molded buckle but still it's hard to explain away the lack of detail on the reverse.

Reverse corroded by the acid when soldering. The obverse looks quite correct, for lack of rope, but I can see its remnants. perhaps there was a broken gate or a marriage, I met such a broken buckle. But this is only my speculation. If the obverse is a copy, then we are all in great danger !!! But I think that's a crazy repair original buckle.

real reverse looks like painted lacquer or polished surface
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture hj buckle, not signed   hj buckle, not signed  

Maybe it was Steinhauer & Luckhj buckle, not signed
    In fact, the eagles are very similar ...

Reverse corroded by the acid when soldering. The obverse looks quite correct, for lack of rope, but I can see its remnants. perhaps there was a broken gate or a marriage, I met such a broken buckle. But this is only my speculation. If the obverse is a copy, then we are all in great danger !!! But I think that's a crazy repair original buckle.
    maybe you're right...it makes sense
    Regards
    W.

If the obverse is a copy, then we are all in great danger !!!
    Right! The eagle looks very good!

Agreed the obverse looks good, real good in fact. That backside though is a head scratcher. If you were to polish or paint the back why not do the whole back side? If acid had been used to clean prior to solder application, neutralize it with baking soda and polish/paint the whole back, why do just that small portion. And how does one erase the outer rope band but not disturb the other details on the obverse? Crazy careful with the front super sloppy on the back. Nutty. Again I'm not saying not original I'm just saying how and why it was done to ultimately look like this. I doubt we ll ever know. Kindest regards.

Brian

Gents

The buckle is original but a real mess. It would not make sense as the value of the buckle as it stands is probably less that what it cost to make. When I get time I will work out the maker, the eagle is quite familiar. Also the metal colour is correct for an original.
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2