Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Buckles are they real or fake? Spot the differences.

Article about: Hi Chaps. Here's one for you. Both are by Richard Sieper & Sohne, both look exactly the same until you have a closer look. Apart from the obvious, that one is polished, they both measure

Default HJ Buckles are they real or fake? Spot the differences.

Hi Chaps. Here's one for you. Both are by Richard Sieper & Sohne, both look exactly the same until you have a closer look. Apart from the obvious, that one is polished, they both measure the same 49mm x 64mm, but one weighs 24grms and the other 30grms. Notice the Eagle heads and also the motto's. Are they real or are they fake, or is one real and one fake? I would appreciate your thoughts chaps.
    Best
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Buckles are they real or fake? Spot the differences.   HJ Buckles are they real or fake? Spot the differences.  

HJ Buckles are they real or fake? Spot the differences.   HJ Buckles are they real or fake? Spot the differences.  

HJ Buckles are they real or fake? Spot the differences.   HJ Buckles are they real or fake? Spot the differences.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Buckles are they real or fake? Spot the differences.
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ Buckles are they real or fake? Spot the differences.

Mark, IMO opinion both buckles are original, I am sure David or Chad will let you know, or Rob Lachance
    Ben

Cheers Ben.
    It wasn't until today when i was at Bedford and talking to a dealer friend of mine, that i really noticed the differences. I was going to trade one of them off, and thats when we noticed how different they were and yet both by the same maker. Obviously it could be different die casts used, but there is a significant difference. I'll look forward to seeing what the experts think.
    Cheers

Hello Mark

An interesting comparison and by coincidence, one of these injection moulded HJ's by Sieper recently appeared on the forum.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/germa...th-belt-27219/

Are the ones you have shown aluminium by the way?

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/germa...-buckles-9629/

I just think that it Sieper using two different sets of moulds/tools, although the difference in roundel style is quite alarming.

Both original examples in my opinion.

Regards,

David

I like 'em too!! Nice to see slight differences like that. Certainly original pieces. THanks for sharing!

Rob

Cheers David and Rob for your thoughts. And yes David, one of them was posted by me a while back when i was checking a couple out before purchasing them. But the other one i picked up from a German dealer a couple of months back.
    Nice to know they are both good, and very interesting to see the differences.
    Cheers Chaps
    Best
    Mark

?

they look great, heres my 2